Updated chart of DVC maintenance fees over time

gkrykewy

TTA PeopleMover Fan Club President
Discussion in another thread gave me an excuse to finally update this for 2011.

gk_dvc_maint_hist_2011.png

Great chart. I took the liberty of projecting the annual dues through the lifetime of each contract using a 3.4% annual dues increase. Enjoy.

DVC_Projected_Due.png

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Well done!

As an aside, I realized I forgot to add Aulani to the chart -- I'll do that tonight and re-post.

So for 250 points, by the time the VGC contract is up, I'll be paying close to $5000 a year. Ouch.

Yes, but in 40 years your salary is likely to double or triple due to the same inflationary factors (despite your increase in salary due to experience or decrease due to retirement) :thumbsup2

Maybe I should of sold instead of add on.:rotfl2: But, by the end of my contract, the MF's will be my son and daughters problems.:littleangel:

Great chart!

It would also be useful if you could list the median annual maintenance fee moving forward from 2012 to whenever the contract period ends for each resort. That would be a good number for prospective buyers (like me!) to know to develp an estimate of total "lifetime" costs of a contract.

Or even better: total estimated maintenence fees per point at each resort for a contract purchased in 2012 until the contract period ends ... Multiply that number by your total number of points, add your purchase price, divide that sum by your total number of points = avg estimated cost per point over the life of the contract (assuming no financing).

Although that rise in costs seems high - it would also be interesting to compare it to projected increasing rack rates at the resorts ... For example, in 2057, what's it gonna cost to spend a night at the AKV given past increases in toom rates?

That'll be a shocker ...

Hi I am new here and trying to project dues for a new resale contract. But I cannot see the charts.....is there something I am missing? Thank you!

No one can see them now. :) This thread is over 5 years old - and the site that used to host the chart now charges to do so. The OP probably doesn't want to pay (and I don't blame him/her).

The good news is that the info you seek (as well as lots of other really good info) can be found in the DVC Resource Center - post #5.

Welcome to the DIS!

Thank you for Calrifying! What I am trying to find is a projected dues for the life of the contract. I don't think that's in the link you sent right? I think that's up until 2018 if I am reading it correctly . :) (Possible that I am not haha)

No one can see them now. :) This thread is over 5 years old - and the site that used to host the chart now charges to do so. The OP probably doesn't want to pay (and I don't blame him/her).

The good news is that the info you seek (as well as lots of other really good info) can be found in the DVC Resource Center - post #5.

Welcome to the DIS!

Thank you for Calrifying! What I am trying to find is a projected dues for the life of the contract. I don't think that's in the link you sent right? I think that's up until 2018 if I am reading it correctly . :) (Possible that I am not haha)

No one has a crystal ball that can project dues for the future accurately. All you can do is ballpark it. Just create a spreadsheet that takes the current dues and multiplies by 3 or 4% every year until the end date for your resort.

OKW has 2018 dues of $6.72 per pt. So $6.72 x 1.03 = $6.92 to $7.00 per pt for next year...and then another 3% projects to $7.13 or so for 2020, and so on...

The numbers will get very large at the end - that is how inflation works.

No, you are reading correctly. I'm the one who didn't catch what you were actually looking for. :)

Agree with chalee94 on that.

DVD has no incentive to keep the cost low, actually since they take a fixed percentage for their 'services' being more efficient will cost them money.

DVD has no incentive to keep the cost low, actually since they take a fixed percentage for their 'services' being more efficient will cost them money.

If they want to sell points they do. If dues were rising at a high percentage, I wouldn’t buy.

Hi I am new here and trying to project dues for a new resale contract. But I cannot see the charts.....is there something I am missing? Thank you!

The 3% increase you can expect is what DVC tells you but it doesn't take into account local taxes. I've seen anywhere from a 3% increase to a 10% increase. This the total monthly cost including DVC fees + state / local taxes.

I bought 360 BLT points in late 2009. 2010 dues where $105.47 per month this year $174.13. No change to the contract.

Year Monthly Dues Percentage Increase
2010 105.47
2011 116.83 10.77%
2012 126.62 8.38%
2013 134.85 6.50%
2014 143.55 6.45%
2015 151.52 5.55%
2016 158.51 4.61%
2017 168.55 6.33%
2018 174.13 3.31%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts