Updated chart of DVC maintenance fees over time

The 3% increase you can expect is what DVC tells you but it doesn't take into account local taxes. I've seen anywhere from a 3% increase to a 10% increase. This the total monthly cost including DVC fees + state / local taxes.

I bought 360 BLT points in late 2009. 2010 dues where $105.47 per month this year $174.13. No change to the contract.

Year Monthly Dues Percentage Increase
2010 105.47
2011 116.83 10.77%
2012 126.62 8.38%
2013 134.85 6.50%
2014 143.55 6.45%
2015 151.52 5.55%
2016 158.51 4.61%
2017 168.55 6.33%
2018 174.13 3.31%

BLT is not exactly an average example and as a BLT owner, boy do I know that the BLT increases have been higher than normal.

You might want to look at this chart of all of the DVC resorts dues over the years as shown by the DVC News. http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/financial/annual-dues-by-resort It doesn't help that tax entities are trying to recoup some of the income they lost during the recession as quickly as possible by doing maximum increases.

Last edited:
BLT is not exactly an average example and as a BLT owner, boy do I know that the BLT increases have been higher than normal.

You might want to look at this chart of all of the DVC resorts dues over the years as shown by the DVC News. http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/financial/annual-dues-by-resort It doesn't help that tax entities are trying to recoup some of the income they lost during the recession as quickly as possible by doing maximum increases.

Why would BLT be an exception to other resorts? Why would BLT increases be higher than normal?

What effected BLT and why didn't it do the same for the other resorts? Or did it?

The reason DVC gave me as to the price increase was property taxes which is determined by the local entities not DVC. DVC increase remained in the 3-5% range?? My cost increased more? Why would the same property taxes(increase) not apply to other resorts?

We enjoy our DVC membership and haven't regretted the purchase. I just chocked this up to an unexpected added expense but it still left a bad taste with the DVC sales experience.

There is a suspicion that newer resorts tend to have lower annual dues during the sales phase which sometimes seem to ramp up after the resort is sold out.

Why would BLT be an exception to other resorts? Why would BLT increases be higher than normal?

What effected BLT and why didn't it do the same for the other resorts? Or did it?

Just a note to the OP? This is what people are seeing.... you might wish to work on that photobucket issue.....

Attachments

• problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 18

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter