First you wrote you do not save an additional 5% by paying with a Target RedCard and then on the next line you wrote you can save an additional 5% by paying with a Target RedCard.

That's how the blog post I read had it.

First you wrote you do not save an additional 5% by paying with a Target RedCard and then on the next line you wrote you can save an additional 5% by paying with a Target RedCard.
Sorry I was quoting from the original. I'm pretty sure you do *not* get the additional 5% for using the red card. That's why using Discover makes sense (since it's 5% back this quarter).

I think I'm going to try it. Buy the $500, get the $25 off. After looking further, I believe TCB will only be 5% back. Still, that's $23.75 (5% of $475). Then the Discover 5%. So all in it will be $427.50 for a $500 gift card. I *know* my 5 kids will have lots of Target items on their Christmas lists :-) And that gets me an extra $75 on my gift budget!

I use them to buy dis gc online at target. Have done 2 is the past few days without issue. The ones that I get from swagbucks.

I haven't used swagbucks since they ended the Best Buy QR codes. Do you add them to your Target wallet? Thank you, I'll update the DP when I hear back.

For those of you who have Chase Freedom and have the extra 5% cash back on PayPal this quarter, I just learned about PP Key. You can have it generate a MasterCard number for you and use that for your online shopping. You can set your preferences to charge PP transactions to your Chase card and there you have it. You don't have to worry about the merchant offering PP checkout.

Added Offer ~ 10/15/20

Discount District
Giant/Martin’s/Stop & Shop:
  • Earn 10x Points On Google Play & Kohl’s Gift Cards
    • Expires 10/15/20. Link
Giant/Martin’s/Stop & Shop:
  • Earn 10x points on Staples Gift Cards and Boscov’s Gift Cards at Martin’s only.
    • Offer valid October 16-22, 2020. Link
  • Earn 3x Points On Visa Gift Cards
    • Offer valid October 16-22, 2020. Link
Newegg:
Schnucks: Buy $50+ Academy Gift Card & Save $10
Limit 1. Direct link to digital coupons (search for ‘Academy’).​
Expires 10/21/20. Link​

Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Ralph Lauren Amex Offers: Two Versions
  • Spend $200 in one or more transactions & get $40 back, or
  • Spend $200 in one or more transactions & get 4,000 Membership Rewards
  • Expires 12/31/20. Link
MISC.
AARP Rewards: Save 12% On Kroger & Fred Meyer Gift Cards (Available Every Day) Link

For those of you who have Chase Freedom and have the extra 5% cash back on PayPal this quarter, I just learned about PP Key. You can have it generate a MasterCard number for you and use that for your online shopping. You can set your preferences to charge PP transactions to your Chase card and there you have it. You don't have to worry about the merchant offering PP checkout.

Thank you! Added PayPal Key to Post #6 Cashback (CB) Portals Discounted Gift Card Websites & Apps :thumbsup2

PayPay Key is great. Unfortunately, not everyone has it available on their account - DH has it but I don't have access to it (it won't acknowledge my ssn). Supposedly it's still being rolled out, so keep checking back if you don't have it.

Can you pay Amazon this way?

Can you pay Amazon this way?
You can pay for anything this way. It's just a credit card number. It works anywhere online. You can't use it in person because there's no physical card, but I saved mine in my browser (PayPal even offered to help me do that) and I've been autofilling it into everything I need to buy. Bought some MagicBands with it last night!

I was hesitant it would work with gift cards and never really check Dosh anymore-I only found out about the cash back when placing another Walmart order for household items and received the Dosh email. But, I placed a test order of one gift card and received the cash back in my Dosh account immediately!

You rock :D I used Dosh tonight instead of Wikibuy. Immediately got 4% deposited into Dosh on my $500 Disney gift card purchase at Sam's online, plus the 4% Sam's discount on the card, and now waiting to see if my Capital One Walmart CC gives me 5% reward on the purchase.

Thanks for the heads up. Should be easy to max this out.

You rock :D I used Dosh tonight instead of Wikibuy. Immediately got 4% deposited into Dosh on my $500 Disney gift card purchase at Sam's online, plus the 4% Sam's discount on the card, and now waiting to see if my Capital One Walmart CC gives me 5% reward on the purchase.
I wonder if this would work for Disney ticket purchases through Sam's Club, too. It look like it will provide just a little bit greater return than the gift cards.

I have to reiterate, it's been a busy hour. Virtual Visa gc are problematic. Reports have come in ShopDisney will not accept them as a form of payment. It was posted here within the last 6 months. ShopDisney cannot verify the card and/or the person who owns it. Orders were canceled as a result due to one of these issues.

I'm not 100% sure about using a Prepaid Visa GC. I believe those need to be activated online. Things have changed for online shopping and I would love to update and DP's, feel free to share your knowledge!
I regularly use my Virtual Visa at ShopDisney without issue, but I add it to my PayPal account FIRST and then checkout on the ShopDisney site using PayPal. I also go through RMN and I have (so far) had 100% success with getting my rebate credited with only gift card purchases. Here is the step-by-step for those interested...

1) Load Virtual Visa into my PayPal wallet (It's under the "Add Credit/Debit Card" option)
2) Go to Shop Disney via the RetailMeNot app or website
3) Select the gift card that I want (*I always choose the e-gift card)
4) Checkout using PayPal as my payment method
5) Select the Virtual Visa that I loaded into my PayPal account as the payment method
6) Wave to Joy when my order is confirmed:wave2:

Sometimes I sign in to my ShopDisney account, sometimes I don't...it doesn't seem to make a difference either way.

Last edited:
I wonder if this would work for Disney ticket purchases through Sam's Club, too. It look like it will provide just a little bit greater return than the gift cards.
Make sure you dbl check Sams prices after applicable taxes and fees. Sams is actually more expensive for me than direct from Disney

Make sure you dbl check Sams prices after applicable taxes and fees. Sams is actually more expensive for me than direct from Disney
Yes, it’s always good to make sure we are comparing apples to apples. They are coming up as $461.23 after fees vs $479.87 direct for our 4 days in December.

UPDATE: For those interested, I'm seeing these gc deals still being offered by Sam's even though the expiration date has passed.
Sam's Offers:
  • Buy 2x $25 O’Charley’s Gift Cards For $37.50
    • Direct link to offer Expires 10/18/20. Link
    • Costco offers a 30% discount every day, so that’s a better option unless you don’t have a Costco membership.
  • Buy 2x $25 Bonefish Grill Gift Cards For $42.48

Added Offers ~ 10/19/20

Albertsons/Safeway:
Save Up To $25 On Mastercard Gift Cards
Best Buy: Buy $200 Apple eGift Card + Get $20 Best Buy Gift Card
Direct link to offer . Limit & expiry date unknown. Link

CVS: Buy $50 Domino’s Or Fanatics Gift Card & Get $10 ExtraBucks Rewards Free
Limit 1 per household. Expires 10/24/20. Link

Market Basket: Save 10% On Select Travel Gift Cards
Includes: Airbnb, Delta, Uber, Southwest & Amtrak.​
Expires 10/24/20. Link

Office Depot/OfficeMax: Buy $300+ Visa Gift Cards & Get $15 Off
Limit 1 per household/business. Expires 10/24/20. Link

Staples: No Activation Fee On $200 Visa Gift Card Purchase
Limit 5. Expires 10/25/20. Link

Walgreens: Buy 2x Select Gift Cards & Get $5 Walgreens Gift Card Free
Includes: Macy’s, Domino’s & Fanatics​
Limit 2 per person except in NM. Expires 10/24/20. Link

Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Jersey Mike’s Amex Offer: Spend $15 & Get $5 Back
Limit 2. Valid in-restaurant, online at jerseymikes.com or through the Jersey Mike’s US mobile app. Expires 12/31/20. Link
Edited to add: Best Buy & Staples offers.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!