Anyone fly Delta? Just noticed Bj's has GC $500 for $444.99. Says limit 5. Does anyone know how airlines treat GC? Can you use them on the whole amount or do they put a limit on how much can be paid with a GC? TIA if anyone knows - been trying to find out before I buy any.

SWA has a 3 payment method limit IIRC - so 1GC, 1 travel fund, 1 CC, for example, or 3GCs

I recently spent $2200 on flights on Delta and I used 3 GCs (@ 10% off) I purchased at a discount from Costco and then a CC for the balance. I had no issues with that. I can't say what would have happened if I used more GCs, but I wish I had bought more, I just didn't know how much my flight would be when I bought them.

Anyone fly Delta? Just noticed Bj's has GC $500 for $444.99. Says limit 5. Does anyone know how airlines treat GC? Can you use them on the whole amount or do they put a limit on how much can be paid with a GC? TIA if anyone knows - been trying to find out before I buy any.
Each airline will have their own list of eligible charges you can use them for. Delta has information here:
https://www.delta.com/edocs/redeem-documents
And here:
https://www.delta.com/content/www/g...rmation/ecredits-certificates-gift-cards.html
to start.

They also recently updated to include redemption for a Delta vacations package, so it may not be listed in all places yet but they'll work on that.

I see that it says 3 GC per ticket now. In the past I have heard of people using more but I'm not sure that language was on the website then. So it might be a change and could be YMMV now if you get a good rep who can figure it out. (It wasn't always smooth before either so maybe they decided to change it to 3?) Hopefully someone with recent experience as to the number can chime in.

Top Cashback has a Disney gift card as an option with a 4% bonus to redeem your earned cashback. Does anyone know if this can be used as WDW or is it for Disney Stores only? I'm tossing up between this or the Amazon GC.

Thanks

Thank you for the quick response. You can use the VGC at a physical store location? or is it only online. That would be the best deal.
Only Online... but you can easily buy a digital Disney Gift Card from Target online if you don't have Sam's Club membership, or don't want to wait for BJ's to mail them.

Thanks. Got very excited because I know I have this offer on several of my Chase cards. But when I went to add the offer just now, it excludes gift cards.

Offer not valid on prescription purchases, tobacco, alcohol, lottery, gift cards, cigarettes, licenses, money orders, money transfers, prepaid cards, stamps, or other mail services.

Has anyone tried this and it worked with GCs? If so, did you have this same language in your offer?

Yes, that language is always there. I have always received the credit: CVS, Rite Aid, Staples, Michaels, BJs. I don't buy any filler items either, just the DGCs.

In addition to @GatorMomInNC & @miztressuz if Delta CS only allows 3 GC's then separate your purchases. We needed 3 RT tickets and Delta worked with us. CS accepted 3 GC's per transaction. It took one phone call to buy 3 separate tickets and we used 9 GC's and 1 redemption certificate. We also added points to Business Class to secure our seats.

Offers Added

Discount District
Giant/Martin’s/Stop & Shop: Earn 10x Gas Rewards Points When Buying Bass Pro Shops Gift Cards. Expires 2/30/20. Link

Giant Eagle: Earn 1.5x Fuelperks+ For Every $50+ Of Select Gift Cards. Expires 2/5/20 Link

ShopRite: Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Save $10 On Next Shopping Order. Link
  • Chipotle, Uber, Panera & Fanatics
  • Read Terms for Expiration Date.
Also note Kroger: Buy $50 Visa Or Mastercard Gift Card & Save $5 is LIVE. Expires 2/25/20. Link

Warehouses
BJs.com: Save 10-20% On various gift cards. Link
  • $100 Delta gift card for $84.99
  • $250 Delta gift card for $212.49
  • $500 Delta gift card for $424.99
  • $100 Southwest gift card for $87.99
  • $200 Southwest gift card for $174.99
  • $100 Hotels.com gift card for $84.99
  • $50 Amtrak gift card for $42.99*** $39.99 is now gone!
Cashback (CB) Portals & Discounted Gift Card Websites
Topcashback: Get $3 Bonus Cashback With $10 Purchase (1/24-1/26) Link

Traveling with Points
Southwest: Get Up to 12,000 Bonus Southwest Points When Flying Anytime or Business Flights. Targeted. Register, then book and fly Anytime or Business Select between January 22 and March 31, 2020, and you will receive up to 12,000 bonus points. Link

Last edited:
Interesting...

Amtrak: Ride Amtrak 3 Times And Get A Free Trip This Summer. Link
  • Register via the link above to take 3 roundtrips on the Acela or Northeast regional by the end of February and you’ll get a free roundtrip to use in July or August.
  • For additional savings, buy Amtrak gc's at BJ's: $50 Amtrak gift card for $39.99 $42.99
Amazon Lightning Deal: Gap $25 Gift Card For $20 From Amazon, Just $15 With 20% AMEX Offer! Link

Last edited:
Quick question on the BJs deal: the $7,500 plus there is no difference in the savings between the increments, right? I'm getting 8% for each but want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

@FoxC63 - I see a price of $42.99 for an Amtrak $50 GC on BJ's. Am I missing something?

I don't have a membership so I can't sign in to see if the price is lower. Doc of Credit has Amtrak $50 Amtrak gift card for $39.99, I wonder if these offers are "limited quantities" and the $39.99 is sold out. The next offer as seen on BJ's would be the most current price.

EDIT: Yes, I see on DoC under "The Fine Print": Some of these have limits; many appear unlimited. Link

Post has been corrected.

Last edited:
Any issues with Target Disney e-gift cards lately? got a fam member I'm gonna walk through getting about $1500. I'm thinking $500 on one e-gift card, wait until the order comes in, order the next one.

Ugh, starting to think this BJs deal is too much of a hassle. Called my bank to let them know I was going to make the transaction. Just tried to make it. Declined. Called the bank back. "You can't make purchases over $5,000 in one day on your card. Yes, you can split it between yours and your husband's."

Anyone know if BJs will honor the discount for the full price if it is split between two transactions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter