UPDATED: MagicBands will NOT be coming to Disneyland

They are testing a paperless fp system. odds are it will be linked to tickets via barcodes, as that's what's being tested. Magicbands aren't coming to DLR, according to Disney themselves.

Disability access at DLR is already tied to tickets via Barcode (at least the mobility access on the rides where you have to scan for a return time is). No forms to fill out for our situation. Just a quick visit to Guest Services and we were set for our trip.

Looks like they are coming! This is now at Big Thunder Mt.

Attachments

• IMG_8731.JPG
    IMG_8731.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 16
Looks like they are coming! This is now at Big Thunder Mt.
That actually looks more like a barcode scanner (which I believe DL has used in previous FP testing) than it looks like a magic band reader. Which would make sense if they were putting FPs on the phone app (which could display a barcode)..wasn't that what Max Pass is supposed to be? Through the phone?

Also, keep in mind, that the touch points read RFID tickets that are cards as well as magic bands, so even if it were a touchpoint exactly like WDW, that doesn't necessarily mean magic bands are coming to DL.

Yes, definitely a barcode scanner. They were testing them when we were there in late 2015 I believe.

I cannot even imagine how much this is going to slow down the FP return line while people pull things up on their phones, refresh the screen, turn up the brightness, etc, getting it to read properly.

Yes, definitely a barcode scanner. They were testing them when we were there in late 2015 I believe.

I cannot even imagine how much this is going to slow down the FP return line while people pull things up on their phones, refresh the screen, turn up the brightness, etc, getting it to read properly.

ITA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter