Updated Park Hours

ShadeDK

Permanently Staying in Room 237
Just saw that the parks have updated their hours for August - each losing an hour from the current schedule:

-USO will open at 9am and close an hour earlier at 5pm
-IoA will open an hour later at 10am and close at 6pm
-VB will open an hour later at 10am (starting August 10) and close at 5pm

No change to CityWalk hours and early admission will still be offered at USO and VB. USO and IoA also are dropping the extra hour at the end of the day that they’ve been adding on weekends.

Thanks for your info.
I had been checking for park hours and must have missed seeing that.

Maybe UO is expected to have low crowds in August?

Guessing just due to lower than expected park attendance. Looking at waits on the app the past couple of days and most rides seem to be at like 5-10 mins max. We are going on Aug. 10. We weren't planning an open to close day anyways but still have to do a little more gameplanning with the revised hours since we're trying to hit up both parks in that one day.

Seem to recall that some of the area schools around there are starting up the second week of August (which might explain the mid-month change for VB). If a lot of the foot traffic is local (and it probably is), the reduced hours make sense as school resumes. Also makes me wonder about September - a traditionally slow month that won’t have HHN to pad daytime attendance.

Good to see the staggered opening and closing - reduce the crowds all going into and out of Citywalk at the same time.

Someone on a Universal Facebook group mentioned a rumour going around that Universal would be closing the parks on Mondays and Tuesdays starting in September. Has anyone heard of this? Would really suck if this is the case!

When I posted this thread, Universal had hours posted through September 9. Park hours for Sept 1 through 9 have since been removed (although the website calendar still has text in those dates - only now it just says hours unavailable). I won’t be surprised if hours are further cut back or partial closures during the week are announced. Rumors also are that Disney may be doing the same thing in Sept/Oct.

I’m there late September/ early October....

I’ll join you for twiddling our thumbs

Whew, selfishly glad we're going to be there a week from this coming Tuesday instead of September. It does make sense though. Sept is probably the slowest month of the year for Disney/UO during a regular year, much less now. Probably just not worth it to keep the parks open 7 days a week during the really slow months right now.

We were there two weeks ago and from what I have been seeing, the crowds have not increased. I think they could close at 3 PM and it wouldn't matter. We would get to the parks at 11 AM and were easily done by 3 pm. We could have cut our vacation by a day easily and still have done everything we wanted. Not sure how much longer they can hemorrhage money like they are doing.

We are going next week and at first I was a little disappointed when they reduced the hours. Not so much now but I do wonder how many people get 1 park vs 2/3 park tickets. Will this just force everyone together for an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon decreasing social distancing?

Ugh - another person with a late Sept/early Oct trip planned and we're supposed to check in on a Sunday and leave Thursday. We're supposed to be at Discovery Cove on that Monday and I was going to buy the tickets tomorrow while they're still on sale...

I guess if they are closed we'll rearrange our trip a bit. I'm wondering how/if it would affect AP expiration dates if they are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.

i see that the early park admission for UO is only from now until August 9th.....are they doing away with that additional hour?
that would stink...

It they are still closing early evening, we will hang out in city walk Or the hotel. We are going in January. It’s fine really. We will just skip the midday break

Looks like the calendars have been updated with hours for September and October. While the parks do close earlier (around 5pm) there is no mention of the park being closed on any days (so far at least!) so that's good news!

The Monday/Tuesday closure was a rumor I read on Facebook.
The rumor stopped once UO listed the update on park hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter