Updated statement from Disney on Aulani reopening

yowcruiser

DIS Veteran
Travel Advisory May 12

Update on Aulani Resort Operations

May 12, 2020
While there is still much uncertainty with respect to the impacts of COVID-19, the safety and well-being of our Members, Guests and employees remain The Walt Disney Company’s top priority. In line with direction from health experts and government officials, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa is currently closed and a reopening date has not been identified. We will continue to carefully evaluate this complex and fluid situation.

Upon reopening, Aulani Resort rooms, restaurants and other locations may be limited in capacity and subject to restricted availability or closure based on direction from health experts and government officials to promote physical distancing. Furthermore, experiences, services and amenities may be modified, have limited availability or may remain closed. We will provide more information as it becomes available. We reserve the right to cancel any reservations or purchases and provide applicable refunds.

Our focus remains on the health and safety of the entire Disney community, including the well-being of the Cast Members who are caring for and securing the Aulani Resort during the closure. We’re currently evaluating new and enhanced safety measures to help us all stay well. Learn more about these measures.

For Disney Vacation Club Members and Guests who are interested in modifying their existing travel dates or making a new reservation for a future vacation, reservations are currently available for travel dates July 1, 2020 and later. As always, Members and Guests are able to modify these bookings if Aulani Resort opens before or after that time.

ok...sooo..if I have a June 25 reservation...I do what??

The stay-at-home order and 14 day quarantine are extended until the end of June.

If you don’t need the refund right away, I would wait for aulani to cancel the reservation and hope they offer a generous discount on your next booking.

I have 2018 points used in the reservation so I will loose those. This is just peachy. I really have to wait for Hawaiian Air to cancel at this point and will wait for DVC to do their thing. Even though these two companies will not confer with each other. Hawaaiian air may not care if we are quarantined when we arrive.

@3kidz4dis from the DVC website:

2018 Use Year Points for April and June that were banked into 2019 and used for these reservations will be extended for six months from their current expiration date.

@3kidz4dis from the DVC website:

2018 Use Year Points for April and June that were banked into 2019 and used for these reservations will be extended for six months from their current expiration date.
I was under the impression that my 2018 points would expire and have to be used by November 2020

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts