Updates for NYC cruises that dock at PC for WDW

We are on the 1st cruise of the season that stops at WDW, they changed things a little bit and issued us a one day pass that includes the 3 fast passes, instead of using our KTTW cards. Here are the letters they issued with the info for that day.

It was the same on the 2016 NYC cruises too. The letter looks pretty much identical to the one we received in Oct 2016.

Thank you for posting this info! Hope you're having an awesome cruise!! Now that you have separate park tickets, will you be able to link them to MDE to book additional fastpasses through the app?

You sure can :)

I know we can book more after the three are gone but have no clue how. I'm a DL guy and hate the WDW FP+.

What you need to do is either:

- Download the Disney World / My Disney Experience app and link the ticket you received on the ship. You can then choose FastPasses to pre-book. You can do this the moment you get your ticket if you really want to, it will NOT affect the 3 pre-loaded 'VIP' FPs.
- Visit a FP+ kiosk in the parks, tap your ticket, and it will allow you to select attractions.

It was the same on the 2016 NYC cruises too. The letter looks pretty much identical to the one we received in Oct 2016.

You sure can :)

What you need to do is either:

- Download the Disney World / My Disney Experience app and link the ticket you received on the ship. You can then choose FastPasses to pre-book. You can do this the moment you get your ticket if you really want to, it will NOT affect the 3 pre-loaded 'VIP' FPs.
- Visit a FP+ kiosk in the parks, tap your ticket, and it will allow you to select attractions.

So we can head to the parks with 6 FPs already in hand!?!?!?! This would be amazing!

Was the first bus to MK at 7:30? That second letter says immigration starts at 9. :confused3

My wife is at the Magic Kingdom today and says it is bonkers. Space mountain and Jungle Cruise FP lines of 45min. She could not figure out what was going on by finally talked to some people saying they were there off the Magic. Tons of "free" untied fastpasses means long waits even in the fast pass line. At least at Magic Kingdom.

My wife is at the Magic Kingdom today and says it is bonkers. Space mountain and Jungle Cruise FP lines of 45min. She could not figure out what was going on by finally talked to some people saying they were there off the Magic. Tons of "free" untied fastpasses means long waits even in the fast pass line. At least at Magic Kingdom.
I'm not surprised by the crowds this week overall, but can 2000 people spread across 4 parks have that big an impact?

I agree....2000 or so ship guests are most likely not the reason for the long lines.....that's approx 500 per park which is a drop in the bucket in the overall scheme of things.

More likely is that many took vacation this week since schools were closed on Monday (less days kids had to miss school).

Club.....thanks so much for posting this info!!!

MJ

I'm not surprised by the crowds this week overall, but can 2000 people spread across 4 parks have that big an impact?

Maybe not in the feel of the park but if they all have 3 FP that are "extra" in the system. 1000 in MK x 3 FP each without restrictions means thousands of extra people in the FP lines of relatively few attractions (the ones most people will use their FP on). We go all the time and she says she has never seen the FP return lines so out of hand on so many attractions.

I agree....2000 or so ship guests are most likely not the reason for the long lines.....that's approx 500 per park which is a drop in the bucket in the overall scheme of things.

More likely is that many took vacation this week since schools were closed on Monday (less days kids had to miss school).

Club.....thanks so much for posting this info!!!

MJ
Again I am not reporting crowded park conditions...only extremely long FP return lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!