Updates on ABD Insurance

Grifdog22

Barking Mad!
I just received an email (unsolicited) from ABD on their travel insurance plan

Effective for departures on or after February 1, 2018, the Adventures by Disney Vacation Protection Plan now includes a cancel for any reason feature. This means that if you cancel for any reason not covered by the insurance portion of the plan you will receive a future travel credit up to 75% of the cancellation fee amount to apply toward a future Adventures by Disney reservation. Future travel credits issued under this feature are valid for one year from issue date, are not transferable, and have no cash value.

That feature was pretty expensive in the outside world of trip insurance - but this is limited to use with ABD and one year. Still, it's a nice additional piece of coverage.

Last edited:
DCL has had this included in their trip insurance for years. I guess someone decided it was good for ABD too.

Sayhello

I suspect the policy could be in response to the world we live in today with sudden acts of terror. People react differently and some may recoil and cancel their planned trip especially when kids are involved. One item which I would be leery about is the "up to 75%". Up to the discretion of the company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter