Upgrade after PIF

88golf88

DisneyKid@27
Can you upgrade staterooms after you’ve paid in full? We are currently booked into a Oceanview but having second thoughts about wanting a verandah...I know people can sometimes upgrade at the port, but can you call DCL or your TA and upgrade before that if there is availability?

Can you upgrade staterooms after you’ve paid in full? We are currently booked into a Oceanview but having second thoughts about wanting a verandah...I know people can sometimes upgrade at the port, but can you call DCL or your TA and upgrade before that if there is availability?
Of course. DCL is happy to take you money. Upgrading (called an UpSell, actually) before you go to the ship will result in you paying the full difference between your original reservation and the cost of the upgraded reservation (at the time your original reservation was made).

Upgrading at the port is generally a lesser difference.

Of course. DCL is happy to take you money. Upgrading (called an UpSell, actually) before you go to the ship will result in you paying the full difference between your original reservation and the cost of the upgraded reservation (at the time your original reservation was made).

Upgrading at the port is generally a lesser difference.

Yea I figured it’d be less at the port, but the difference isn’t that high now. It’s just one of those buyers remorse things...trying to convince ourselves we’ll be okay with an 8A instead of our normal 5A

If you really want a verandah and it is available now at a rate you are willing to pay, I would upgrade now. If you wait until you get to port, you may find that there are no upgrades available. The last two cruises we were on (last August and December), it was not possible to upgrade on either at port as the ships were sailing full.

Just fyi we've sailed inside, oceanview and verandah, and a family oceanview stateroom on a Dream class ship is our favorite way to cruise.

but the difference isn’t that high now.
Just to clarify - you'd only pay the what the difference was at the time you made your initial reservation. For example, you booked a room at, say, $500 and the upgraded category you want to change it to cost $600 then. But, now, the category you want to change to costs $750. You're only going to pay $100 additional to upgrade, not $250.

If you really want a verandah and it is available now at a rate you are willing to pay, I would upgrade now. If you wait until you get to port, you may find that there are no upgrades available. The last two cruises we were on (last August and December), it was not possible to upgrade on either at port as the ships were sailing full.

Yea thats what we will end up doing...still deciding. We want to try something new...but I know at some point I am going to break down and go back to what I know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter