Upgrade At Kidani

DisneyDoesMyHair

Mouseketeer
We are staying at Kidani standard the first two days of our trip, and Kidani savannah on the third day. All three days are on rented points. We would like to stay in the same room for all three days, instead of having to check out of one room and check into another at the same resort. Is there any chance we could request to pay for an upgrade to savannah view for the entire stay, or downgrade to standard for the entire stay just to be able to stay in the same room? I figured paying to upgrade is not an option on rented points.

Also in the past there have been front desk CMs that have "upgraded" renters when asked and the room was available but they've done that by using more points from the owners accounts. I can guarantee you that does not make for a good owner renter relationship.

Also in the past there have been front desk CMs that have "upgraded" renters when asked and the room was available but they've done that by using more points from the owners accounts. I can guarantee you that does not make for a good owner renter relationship.
Whoa, I would think that should NOT be a possibility without speaking to the owner first. If I was an owner, that would definitely upset me.

Whoa, I would think that should NOT be a possibility without speaking to the owner first. If I was an owner, that would definitely upset me.
Nope, it has happened in the past. And the owner didn't find out until they looked at their points online.

Nope, it has happened in the past. And the owner didn't find out until they looked at their points online.
I've heard this happened in the past too. Though considering only Members and Associates have a right to "change" the reservations and access the points I personally think this one is on Disney for allowing an unauthorized individual to change the reservation and use the points.

I rented through David’s, and they told me that although I can’t “upgrade” the reservation, I can request a partial savannah view for a standard room. Although not guaranteed, there is always a chance we could snag a partial view. :)

I've heard this happened in the past too. Though considering only Members and Associates have a right to "change" the reservations and access the points I personally think this one is on Disney for allowing an unauthorized individual to change the reservation and use the points.
The problem is the CM at the front desk who doesn't really understand how DVC works.

The problem is the CM at the front desk who doesn't really understand how DVC works.
I understand but then the member could simply call DVC and bring that up since they broke the protocol. As members we do pay the front desk personnel so as members we should expect them to handle this appropriately and hold Disney accountable if they do something like this.

I would have to agree this is on the resort for making an unauthorized change. I didn’t know this was not allowed, nor the problems it could cause for owners. And many others would not know this either, I’m sure. I wonder if the previous situations were due to employees not fully understanding the point rental process.

even if you got a partial savanna view you will still need to change rooms.
True. This is unfortunately unavoidable at this point. We will be changing rooms three times on this trip. We are staying AKL-Kidani, cabins at FW, and BRV. I am trying to make sure we have plans for the hours our rooms will be unavailable from 11-4 on switch days (these are our park days).

What days are you going? I’m surprised you couldn’t find 3 days consecutive at one of those resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter