Upgrade from airmiles 7-day base to Annual Gold

Absolutely possible! Disney is always ready & willing to take more money from us :P

Use this math to figure out how much you'll need to hand over:
Value of whatever ticket media you want MINUS the value of whatever ticket media you have

I'm not sure when you got your ticket from AM (or for that matter if you have even done that yet) so I'm going to base my math on what's on the AM website right now, a 7 day Base ticket with Flexible start day

Cost of the Annual Platinum Pass (don't see a Gold one??) $1,191.74 USD
Cost of a 7 day base ticket with flexible start day: $627.29 USD
Cost to upgrade =$564.45 USD

IF you still have a Discounted CDN ticket you'll be dealing with math that is more disappointing because you'll first need to bring that ticket value up to the CURRENT gate price of the same ticket, losing any discount you originally had.

I believe that the only annual passes available to non-Florida residents is the Platinum AP and the Platinum Plus AP, unless you are DVC....

Thanks! Gold pass is for DVC and Florida residents at a cost of $699 for first time and $594 on renewal.
then I would imagine the math will work in your favour! Don't see why you can't use the value of any ticket to the gold annual pass. Might want to check the ticket sticky to confirm but you're prolly "golden " (see what i did there 😜)

We tried to upgrade our base ticket to park hoppers and it was essentially considered worthless towards the upgrade - we had ordered through AirMiles and while we could have upgraded it was going to be ridiculouslyy expensive. We didn't bother. Just mentioning this in case you get disappointing news at the gate.

Cost of a 7 day base ticket with flexible start day: $627.29 USD

@Donald - my hero is referring to the current Airmiles 7-day flexible date ticket currently worth 6050 airmiles. The $627.29USD is most likely correct but so far no one has confirmed the value.

If it is another 7day ticket, it will be worth a lot less.

If you do upgrade or get a quote at Disney guest services, please come back and let us know how much it costs.

Edit: I updated an Airmiles 7 day flex ticket to a AP Gold voucher in May. As others have said, it is not a problem.

@Donald - my hero is referring to the current Airmiles 7-day flexible date ticket currently worth 6050 airmiles. The $627.29USD is most likely correct but so far no one has confirmed the value.

If it is another 7day ticket, it will be worth a lot less.

If you do upgrade or get a quote at Disney guest services, please come back and let us know how much it costs.

Edit: I updated an Airmiles 7 day flex ticket to a AP Gold voucher in May. As others have said, it is not a problem.

How much did it cost you in may?

I redeemed for the Airmiles 7 day flex tickets that were available mid April 2019 and ran out in July I think. They were 6400 airmiles each (I had two) and were valued at $469.67USD each after tax at both Downtown Disney and MK guest services (I checked two places before I upgraded). I also had an Airmiles 7Day Canadian resident ticket, the same as currently available for 4750 airmiles and it was valued at $332.60USD after tax.

I bought before the AP prices went up and the Gold APs were $609USD ($648.59after tax) so paid the difference $648.59-$469.67=$178.92USD. I asked for them in vouchers (same price as APs) as I don't need them right away and the vouchers expire 2030.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!