• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UPGRADE on MAGIC in JAN

fred ferdlap

Mouseketeer
Thanks In advance for your comments.

What is the recent status of Upgrades?
I know I'm not to expect anything more than I paid.

But I'm one of those who said I could not pass up the deal on Cat 11 for January. Rock bottom. I'm sure more of you are out there.

We're there.

Now I have these 2 CAT 11 Guarantee rooms. Actually a family of five 2 +3DK. So a small dilemma to have the rooms close if not connected?. I'm not worried, but the DW is kindof concerned.

What's the general protocol that people have recently seen when and how upgrades are done or can be purchased?

1) If I am upgraded is that dictated at the time when docs are sent?

2) or is that done in the port?

Assuming the cabins I get are not close or going to upset the DW.
I'm not beyond some extra $$ to pay for a change. I just want to save the kitty for the Western cruise!

What should I be prepared to pay? (I know it depends, but what have people seen?)

Is it cheaper to do prior to the cruise or at the Port?

Again thanks for the help.

:Pinkbounc

Unfortunately there is really no rhyme or reason as to how upgrades are given out. People have reported that it does seem to be cheaper to upgrade at the Port then beforehand. But, again, not everyone has had the same luck at this.

I guess if your sailing is not too full and your cabins are assigned a distance apart, you could request they be moved closer at the port.

I am sure you linked the two ressies, so I think DCL does try to keep linked ressies as close to each other as possible.

If it makes you feel any better last Feb we were booked in Cat 9 GTY's and we had 7 cabins.....when we got our room assignments (about 2 weeks before by checking our ressie online) we found out all the cabins were next to each other!!!

Hope this helps somewhat.

MJ

With category 11's, even if next door....they won't connect. That is just not available in a category 11. Hard decision. I know I wouldn't go without all being together in a connectiong door situation.....if you wait, there might not be anything available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter