Upgraded Magic Bands

So it’s not just me. I’ve been trying to order 3 bands for a week. I can’t even make it to the error page. The “out of stock” is what is getting me. Perhaps I will just do the skins instead. So frustrating.

How long has this been going on? We go in December so maybe I should just wait and maybe it will get fixed by then.
I personally think you have time, I would say keep trying. We go at the end of September and it was like 20 days from our window closing that I made the choice to pick out skins and go with solid band colors.

The sad thing is, I would reluctantly pay full price for a Star Wars themed band, to signify a trip near the opening of SWGE, but ...the stock on the Magic band reservation system doesn't seem to match/track/behave like that of the ShopDisney stock.

Even if Disney is only offering a sub-set of what is available full price, it appears they have some bugs where the stock isn't being accurately reflected in various stages of that selection page. Once again I was able to select 2 of 3 bands, the page updated our picks at the top of the page within our Icons - but - when trying for that 3rd band, either via page refresh, or re-entering the page (after closing or hitting back) our Icon choices are lost.

Disney needs to take a lesion from Amazon and be able to handle an 'In-cart' selection - because I keep losing bands they initially seem (?) to allow me to select.

Anyway - I have 88 days to complete my order..... pun intended

I have been able to get to check out for our two bands but it's because I don't actually get the ones I really want. So I hold off. Because I get caught up in it. I don't really need a custom one but it's the game that gets me lol I have a skin on one already. The main reason I keep trying is to get my friend the Jack and Sally one that is never available.

I was one of the lucky ones who got through on the first day they became available and had only minor problems. We were able to get Thanos, POTC, and the white Cinderella Castle one. I would say keep trying and I hope you get what you want!!

*edit* I have NEVER seen a Checkout screen -(since we have never been able to load 3 choices at once) - so that may be the issue.... - who knows

There is most definitely a checkout screen. I have gotten that far a few times but never successfully purchased the bands.

There is most definitely a checkout screen. I have gotten that far a few times but never successfully purchased the bands.

yes - I finally....saw one yesterday, after getting 3 bands chosen. I believe I then had....35 or so hiccups of Can't complete your order as various stages, including at the payment end. So frustrating to "lose" the bands in my virtual cart :(

Anyway- I eventually - thru luck, got 3 upgraded bands chosen, and "confirmed" via payment and email.
pretty painful - I wish I could decline my 2nd split stay Band request to avoid this... either that or I'll just choose some colors and be done.

For reference - I got Rainbow mickey (hit/miss available), I am goofy (seems high stock), and Galaxy's Edge (iffy stock)

My trip isn't for a long time (February), and I'm coming from Canada so won't get Magic Bands until check in anyway, but I keep looking every day, because my son really wants the Iron Man one. I don't care what my husband and I get. I will pick whatever is in stock if I ever see the Iron Man one available. What I don't understand is that I see some people say they see the stock change multiple times a day. For me, the stock seems to stay the same for a week or more. I've never seen the Iron Man one in stock. Anyone else? The annoying thing is, it is in stock at Shop Disney. Even if I wanted to pay full price, I really don't want to pay full price + exchange on the full price + shipping + customs fees. That's excessive, lol. So, I will wait. I hope I see it sometime on MDE. But is there a certain time of day or time of week that it seems to restock?

I decided to give up for our December trip yesterday. We just ordered red and green and I think we'll swap the pucks and bands to make it fun. Like others have said, it was just too frustrating and I wanted to get that box checked. I also really didn't want to have to settle for something other than one I really wanted.

So it’s not just me. I’ve been trying to order 3 bands for a week. I can’t even make it to the error page. The “out of stock” is what is getting me. Perhaps I will just do the skins instead. So frustrating.

How long has this been going on? We go in December so maybe I should just wait and maybe it will get fixed by then.
A week! It has been going on since June:furious:

A week! It has been going on since June:furious:
That’s funny. Sorry, I meant “hard core at it” for a week. Been screwing with it off and on for about 4. Lol.

I finally did get to the check out screen but then I was told that the ones I picked were out of stock! 😡

totally impossible. Won't even work in my chrome browser. Everytime i look the selection is different, half of what the show is out of stock even though it is there. And if i managed to pick bands for everyone in the party that are in stock, by the time i try to check out, one or more bands are out of stock, but i have no idea which one!

Everyone remember to check your emails too. This is what happened to me...

1. My wife wanted one with snacks on it and I wanted the Genie. I with some dumb luck managed to get all the way through the screens and place my order after trying for about a month late one night. My order page confirmed two custom bands with the two we wanted. Yey awesome!
2. The next day I was looking through my emails and saw the order confirmation for my order but realized it only said $10 so I looked through my email to see if I got two emails and I didn't. The only band that was on the email was the Genie. I was thinking great now I'll get in trouble because I ordered myself a fancy band and my wife wouldn't get one. So I waited a couple days to see if I ever would get a receipt for the other band. I didn't.
3. After a few days I went back onto my Disney account and it showed me getting the Genie but my wife getting a plain purple band (the one I originally picked for her when I booked the trip before they had these custom bands). So I called Disney and they told me that it happens all the time and that the stock comes from the disney store online and the systems don't mesh well. She told me I should be getting my bands in a few more days so to wait for them to come in and then they would reset my account so I could order two more bands again. It's crazy because they burn extra plain magic bands if this happens because the system won't allow you to just order one.
4. Anyway the bands came (genie and purple) so I called and had my account reset.
5. It took me another couple weeks to manage to get the one my wife wanted (the pink one with all the snacks) and I ordered it along with a new blue plain band.
6. I then went into my account and deactivated the plain bands we got through this entire snafu. I don't know what I'll do with them. I would be happy to ship them to someone who needs some that might not be staying onsite.

This is our second trip with magic bands. We had 7 people before (us, 3 kids, and my parents) so now we have like 11 magic bands. They are multiplying!

Yea looks like right now it's just the 8 basic colors available. I'm not usually one to complain but this system is completely broken. Bands go in and out of stock multiple times a day, which just makes no sense. Yesterday I was shocked to have finally selected 3 bands that we actually wanted and of course when I went to check out, I couldn't. I'm sure I'll just end up selecting free ones, which is a bummer but I'm not devoting much more time to this.

Yea looks like right now it's just the 8 basic colors available. I'm not usually one to complain but this system is completely broken. Bands go in and out of stock multiple times a day, which just makes no sense. Yesterday I was shocked to have finally selected 3 bands that we actually wanted and of course when I went to check out, I couldn't. I'm sure I'll just end up selecting free ones, which is a bummer but I'm not devoting much more time to this.
I'm hoping......that this step means they are fixing the Premium ordering mechanics, meaning when they come back in stock, the ordering works for the displayed premium bands

We'll see. 87 more days to complete my order..... software folks should be able to fix things before then..... :)

Ditto. 😬😬😬😬

I think Disney needs to give people a 10 day window to order. I am going the end of January and I wouldn't mind waiting until closer but I am trying now.... just because. Sort of like fast passes. we can't get them 6 months in advanced.

This is OBVIOUSLY just an alternate to dumping these at the outlet store. It's not an actual offering despite the clever little promo video. Otherwise, the same bands wouldn't still be in stock for full price at the Disney store web site. Besides, if they really wanted to offer it more aggressively, they could simply have a button that declines the plain magic bands and issues a promo code for the online Disney store. But that's not the point, is it?

Ah well, sorry you all are having these issues. If you've enjoyed this experience, buy a DVC contract and try to book a room when it opens up at 8am. 🙄 Good times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter