Upgrades from the Values to SSR

I was just heading over to this board to post about this. What is up with all of the post on the Resort board about people getting free upgrades to SSR or OKW and most of them seem to be coming from the value resorts? Have the value resort overbooked that much? I'm tempted to save my points, book at a valur resort and keep my fingers crossed for an upgrade to a DVC resort.;)

They overbooked the value resorts during free dining on the Labor Day weekend and there are many people still calling wanting to book. So they have offered some, a chance to upgrade.

I'm tempted to save my points, book at a valur resort and keep my fingers crossed for an upgrade to a DVC resort.;)

There is that, but I wouldn't want to risk it. We don't feel our vacation really starts until we're checked into DVC. :rolleyes:

What I think is funny are the ones wondering whether or not they should do it, that is switch from a value to OKW/SSR? I feel like posting, "If you have to think about it, then it's probably not for you." :rolleyes:

It will be interesting to hear their impressions of DVC when they get back.

They overbooked the value resorts during free dining on the Labor Day weekend and there are many people still calling wanting to book. So they have offered some, a chance to upgrade.

Yes, it's obvious to see what's happening here. It's just I don't remember ever seeing this happening so far out--so many people being offered such a generous upgrade. And I'm not griping about it or anything. We've been the recipients of a few upgrades and we're thrilled to get them. I'm happy for these people. It's exciting to read their posts.

Yes, it's obvious to see what's happening here. It's just I don't remember ever seeing this happening so far out--so many people being offered such a generous upgrade. And I'm not griping about it or anything. We've been the recipients of a few upgrades and we're thrilled to get them. I'm happy for these people. It's exciting to read their posts.

Maybe they are doing it in advance this year so they have time to mail the ones who accept a DVC information kit so it festers in thier mind and will be raedy to purchase when they get to Disney :lmao:

I don't think it really is that many, it just seems that way with them making multiple posts about the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter