Upgrades to "plus" your vacation ?

lluv3971

Mouseketeer
My hubby and I (30- something D.I.N.Ks) had a trip planned for March 2020. We eventually rescheduled to March 2021, and are now looking for ways to really make that trip as "luxurious" as possible (to help ease the disappointment if rescheduling).

We are staying at the Yacht Club and are currently booked at CL.

Just for fun - If you had a decent amount of money to spend to "plus-up" your vacation, what would you spend it on?

I'm curious to see your ideas :-)

Hubs and I loved the dessert party at MK. We've done it both trips so we don't have to find a standing spot for the fireworks. We also did the splurge that was building lightsabers at galaxy's edge. I can highly recommend both. :D

Oooooo! Those are both great ideas. March 2020 was going to be our big Star Wars trip (we have been planning it since they announced the land), so surprising hubby with a lightsaber experience could be awesome!

Just for fun - If you had a decent amount of money to spend to "plus-up" your vacation, what would you spend it on?

I'm curious to see your ideas :-)

If they are available, the mini-VIP tours are awesome. It's the sort of thing I plan without anyone else expecting it like if I get a sale I wasn't expecting or somebody finally pays me that I'd already written off.

$250 per person for a full day of fun at MK or AK. It's packed into a 4 hour tour but it's the breeziest 4 hours you'll spend in the park. You don't even use the FP lane, your guide will walk you up the back lot and put you on the ride. The $350 7 hour tour is my favorite indulgence.

Unlike the full-boat VIP experience, there is a set itinerary for the mini tours but if there's one thing on the list you really don't like, just ask and the guide will probably swap it out. Like my trio had no interest in riding Dumbo so the guide brought us back around for Haunted Mansion.

We are also 30 something DINKs and decided to plus up our postponed trip. If you really want to feel fancy, skip the fireworks dessert party since you're staying at YC and rent a pontoon boat for a private fireworks cruise. If you're celebrating anything they will even decorate the boat. Last year when I was walking to Epcot from HS I saw a boat on the way for a private cruise, and they were celebrating an anniversary. We're actually considering it for my birthday next May.

I’ve done lots of the extras - firework parties, VIP tours etc, but honestly if you are staying Club Level and have some “fun” money, get the extra FPs. They are totally worth it and since you book them before 60 days you’ll get anything you want! They are amazing. I also highly recommend Victoria and Albert’s for a romantic date night. It’s pricey, but amazing!!

We are also 30 something DINKs and decided to plus up our postponed trip. If you really want to feel fancy, skip the fireworks dessert party since you're staying at YC and rent a pontoon boat for a private fireworks cruise. If you're celebrating anything they will even decorate the boat. Last year when I was walking to Epcot from HS I saw a boat on the way for a private cruise, and they were celebrating an anniversary. We're actually considering it for my birthday next May.
I think we could be friends :P .
That definitely seems like an amazing experience! Thanks for the suggestion!

Sunday brunch at the Contemporary, dinner at Victoria and Al's, getting my own VIP tour... WDW makes it easy to spend money on wonderful things!
I've heard great things about brunch at California Grill! That is the kind of splurge I'm interested in 🤪.

I'm definitely considering a VIP Tour of sorts! I'm interested to see what WDW will be offering (more "special" offerings? Less "special" offerings?) given the new COVID reality.

It's definitely high on my list of "plusses."

If they are available, the mini-VIP tours are awesome. It's the sort of thing I plan without anyone else expecting it like if I get a sale I wasn't expecting or somebody finally pays me that I'd already written off.

$250 per person for a full day of fun at MK or AK. It's packed into a 4 hour tour but it's the breeziest 4 hours you'll spend in the park. You don't even use the FP lane, your guide will walk you up the back lot and put you on the ride. The $350 7 hour tour is my favorite indulgence.

Unlike the full-boat VIP experience, there is a set itinerary for the mini tours but if there's one thing on the list you really don't like, just ask and the guide will probably swap it out. Like my trio had no interest in riding Dumbo so the guide brought us back around for Haunted Mansion.
Yaasss! That's what I'm talking about! Hopefully, Disney will still offer tours and other "special" upgrades when we go in March. This is absolutely something that I will look into!

Thanks for the suggestion!

I’ve done lots of the extras - firework parties, VIP tours etc, but honestly if you are staying Club Level and have some “fun” money, get the extra FPs. They are totally worth it and since you book them before 60 days you’ll get anything you want! They are amazing. I also highly recommend Victoria and Albert’s for a romantic date night. It’s pricey, but amazing!!
Yes! We are staying CL for the opportunity to buy FPs. Hopefully that program will still be in place when March rolls around! Maybe a similar offering would be available. *Fingers Crossed*

We are staying at the Yacht Club and are currently booked at CL.

Well, you have already done a big "plus-up" with a CL stay at an Epcot resort. For an adult only visit I think the Epcot resort area is the best location on site.

If you haven't already, get Park Hoppers so you can wander over to Epcot (or the DHS) whenever you want. DW and I made many adult only visits to the Boardwalk and wandering over to Epcot in the evenings was quite special. Using the CL stay to buy extra FP+'s is a great way to save time in the parks.

I will also second previous suggestions to consider a "behind the scenes" tour.

We are not big foodies so a stroll around the World Showcase QS and kiosks would suffice for us. But there are plenty of good food possibilities within walking distance of the Yacht Club.

Not sure if this counts as a "plus-up" for you but we always planned for a "rest day" in the middle of our trip. Having a leisurely, sleep in morning while at WDW was a luxury for us.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

Thank you for the suggestions!

We love the Boardwalk area for all of the reasons you mentioned! Great minds... 😉

They have mini VIP tours?

They have mini VIP tours?
They call them Semi-VIP tours. There are like 20 spots in a tour and you follow a pre-set itinerary. There are a few different kinds. One is basically thrill rides at different parks, one is Animal Kingdom, and one is a Fantasy Land Tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!