Upgrades to "plus" your vacation ?

Rent a Cabana at YC! Also I second a lightsaber build, it was so much fun (and DH now has his proudly mounted in our living room :joker:)
We've actually rented a cabana before and it was awesome! I highly recommend it to anyone who is even remotely thinking about it. We may have to do that again 😉.

We also did a behind the scenes tour at Animal Kingdom Lodge started with breakfast at Boma and then took us to the giraffe, okapi and red river hog barns - it was a really cool experience
I've never heard of this one, but it sounds AMAZING! I will definitely look into it.

Many of my suggestions have already been mentioned. I agree with some of the non-private VIP tours, which can be found here: https://www.disneyworld.com/events-tours/. Top picks are Keys to the Kingdom, Ultimate Nights of Adventure and Ultimate Day of Thrills.

The Yachtsman Steakhouse is one of my favorite restaurants at WDW and given you're staying at the YC, I think it's a nice dinner splurge.

Also consider the Highway in the Sky dine around. We enjoyed this more than our full dinner at Victoria & Albert's as we got to experience a variety of restaurants, travel VIP on the monorail and finish with a fireworks viewing dessert party AND our main course was at V&A in their private dining room.

Wife and I swam with dolphins at Epcot for our honeymoon trip....didn’t need a park pass either(we are AP holders). We followed it up with a meal at Teppan Edo

Rent a private boat to watch the fireworks and get champagne + desserts from private dining on said boat.
Hands down my favorite way to be really extra at WDW.
😁

Celebration at the top is also super fun. Apparently my go-to's are just some combination of champagne and fireworks!

I second Highway in the Sky Dine Around. We loved it!

I want to try the Taste of Magic Kingdom VIP Tour. It wasn’t offered the dates we were there last time.

Massages at either of the Senses spas. We try to do this every time we go.

I've always enjoyed Lunch with an Imagineer at Brown Derby. Each experience is different depending on the Imagineer and what they have worked on. I like that it's an intimate experience ( our last trip there were only 9 of us plus our Imagineer ) and the food is delicious.

If I had fun money, the monorail dining around the world thing sounds like a lot of fun and right up my alley. For me there is nothing worse than splurging on one big thing and that thing ending up being "meh" or downright disappointing. I think on the monorail thing, you'll even things out a bit. I think if one place is bad then you have the next place on the list to possibly redeem everything. Or maybe that's just my weird way of thinking. lol I also think that scheduling TWO massage visits would be the BEST way to spend money at Disney! Think about how sore your poor body is while you're there. I don't think anything could feel better than having those kinks rubbed out every few days to keep you refreshed. I've even gotten to the point where I've been rethinking my Disney visits because it's just gotten sooo painful to walk around so long and so much. Ever notice when your feet hurt, it's WAY worse after you sit down for a meal and then get back up again? UGH! It doesn't matter how much I invest in the best shoes, compression socks, whatever....it's always the most painful vacation in the world but so worth it. I end each day limping and need a vacation after my vacation.

Early morning massages at the GF or Four Seasons, then rinse & change, monorail over to the Contemporary for a late brunch at CG!

We are in a similar boat, only we are travelling april 2020 - april 2021. It will also be our 10 year anniversary so the list of 'upgrades' so far is (even though we had 2 weeks free dining from the UK which has been taken away 😭😭😭):
Teppan edo
Tiffins
Boathouse
Build a droid
Nautilus mug at TS
The wave
Cali grill
Victoria and Albert's with wine pairing
Kimonos
Yak and yeti
Takumi tei
Whatever merch I blimin well feel like buying. We have waited this long!
As a note, we also have a weekly saving schedule, I'm not planning on remortgaging my house for this trip...

But bring on the food and merch! 2021 I'm ready for ya!

I had to cancel 2 trips this year...May and October, so my splurge was to increase my week trip in December to 11 nights to include Thanksgiving and a few days before. I really hope it happens...i will be really disappointed if I have to move to next year...i want to go at least once this year.

We have done Keys to the Kingdom tour and it’s awesome certainly worth it.
I would love to do the Highway in the Sky dine around if it’s available when we go in November! Also hoping the have the Wild Africa Trek available but sadly I see nothing mentioned anywhere about these tours returning. I have heard of a tour they have for a small group at $12,000 that includes meals, drinks, access to any restaurant you want, backstage access, any rides you want with no wake, and even a tour of The Cinderella Suite! That’s a splurge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!