USAir changed my flights!! (UPDATE!!!)

LucyStorm

Has a love affair with the monorail
Do I have any recourse? They made my departing flight 1 hour and 45 minutes earlier. This makes the difference between being able to spend the last morning in the parks, and just having to get to the airport. It also means that my mom will have to spend 5 hours alone at the airport until her flight, instead of the 3 we had planned.

My original flight still shows up on their schedule, but the connecting flight is much later. I don't care about that. It would actually give me time to relax in Pittsburgh instead of have to run for a plane.

I have emailed usair reservations about it, but what are the chances that they will change it back?

UPDATE: After speaking to a very nice reservations agent named Tim, and then a nice lady named April, explaining the situation, and explaining that I don't mind the long stop in Pittsburgh, they were kind enough to change my flights back to my originals! Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts, and the GREAT advice!

It is not very likely they will switch the times back to your original ones. Why don't you call them and see if there is another flight you could take.

Call the airline.

Continental just caused me similar problems. In my case I am now flying down over an hour later than I had planned. When I called they gave me the option to take a flight approximately 2 hours earlier than the original time. That didn't work any better for me, but you may have better luck.

Deb

go to WWW.YOURTRAVELRIGHTS.COM check out rule 240. You should be able to get a refund or at least change the times or dates of your travel. Be nice when you call the airline, things should work out for you. Have you already talked to the airline(in person) and accepted the flight changes? I would explain that this change alters your travel with other family members and the time lag is unacceptable, also with your connecting flight. Most of the time the airline will do their best to accomodate you. I would also check the schedule of other flights that would suit your needs so that you have that info handy when making your call as you will be asked to accept any new changes you are making, without the chance to call back and change them again. there is another thread further down on this site...flights change ALL the time...the other thread may be helpful to you and relieve some stress. Good luck!

thank you all. Last time we flew out at 2:45 and were able to spend the morning in the Magic Kingdom-a magical ending to our trip. I booked the same flight for this time. The website you mentioned FINFAN is under construction, but I will call and keep checking that site.

(copied from another post)

If they cancel or change your flight, it is your choice as to whether the replacemnt flight is earlier or later, although it is their choice (they may not enforce capacity control or quotas) as to how much earlier or how much later.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Get on the boards faster! Bookmark www.disboards.com instead of wdwinfo.com.

see my update above! Hopefully they made a note and won't change it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter