USD Bank Accounts and Credit Cards

JenH1969

Mouseketeer
I thought I read somewhere that there is one around- but I can't find the info- I know CIBC has one but it has an annual fee- anyone know about one without an annual fee?

TIA, Jen

I thought I read somewhere that there is one around- but I can't find the info- I know CIBC has one but it has an annual fee- anyone know about one without an annual fee?

TIA, Jen

I think I remember reading BMO has one, but it is not available online. I'm thinking of getting one this week.

Can someone confirm this card has no fee?:goodvibes

I believe that BMO's Air Miles credit card is fee free as along as you pick the lowest reward option (1 AM/$40). I think you have to go into the branch to ask about it because I don't remember seeing anything on their web site. The last time I went to ask, the teller offered me some extra Air Miles if I brought back my application to her - I guess they get some kind of bonus for signing people up.

How did you apply for it? I have looked at the BMO site online but do not see the US card- thanks, Jen

I was accosted by an teller when I was in a couple of weeks ago. He filled out the form and I signed. It is the Mosaik (US dollar) if that helps...

I have a Target Visa which has no annual fee. This is easiest for me since I work in the U.S. I had a Citi bank U.S. dollar Mastercard previous to that, so when I called to cancel it once I got the Visa (because it had a $36 yearly fee) it magically got waived when they found out why I was cancelling. Amazing how that happens! Just have to ask!

Hi Everyone,

I'm leaving for Disneyworld on Nov 25/07 and I have a quick question -
Does anyone know (or have done this) if you can use your canadian bank card to withdraw cash or pay for purchases when at shops, resorts, or in restaurants?

I understand there are ATM machines (Bank One, I believe) but all the info on these machines say they accept credit cards.
I have a TD Canada Trust card and get paid by direct deposit while at Disney and I'd like to withdraw some of this pay for purchases while there but I don't know if I can. Help please!
Thanks, Laura.

It will work at ATMS for sure. It will work for some purchases depending on whether the debit machines have a pinpad. Many in WDW did not the last time I was there (October), but many of the stores offsite did.

On Disney property ... ATMs are a definite yes.

Disney does not have much by way of debit that works for Canadians.

Stores on US 192 however.. do.

Knox

I can't remember if i used a TD in WDW but i know i can use my TD card in Buffalo where as others with me could not(eg-CIBC did not work in USA debit machines) However, if you are staying on site, You can use your hotel key to charge everything back to your room. It is much easier then carrying around cash. When we went shopping at Walmart in Orlando, i was able to use my bank card. But on site, i just charged everything to my room.

We cross the border regularly and in Maine we cannot use our Scotia Bank card for debit. However, they do accept Credit Union cards for some reason but I think that's it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!