USH May 23/24? Hotel & Parking questions

twitch

DIS Veteran
Hello all!

My wife and I are thinking about a day at USH on an upcoming vacation. We live in SD North County (~3 hours away), so I figure we need to plan at least one night at the Hilton. (I use Hilton/Hampton Inn properties for work travel, so I have points to use for this.)

I suspect we can be happy with one day in the park. We have pretty high stamina for theme parks and will plan to spend the night before so we can arrive at park open. We'll do Thursday (May 24) in order to use the California Resident ticket and stay away from Memorial Day Weekend crowds which I assume will ramp up on Friday.

I figure we'll drive up on Wednesday afternoon, park at our hotel, and explore CityWalk in the evening. Then we'll do early entry on Thursday and go until park close. Our primary focus will be on Harry Potter, a couple of shows (probably WaterWorld, studio tour, special effects), and a few more rides. I'm open to any suggestions to tweak this plan.

My question is really related to our car. It looks like it's $28 to park it at the Hilton. Will I be able to leave it at the Hilton until we're ready to leave on Thursday evening? Will it cost a second day to park? Or do I need to move it to USH's parking?

Thanks for the expert help!

I'm sorry I cannot remember for sure about the parking fee at the hotel. I know we spent 2 nights and were charged for 2 days of parking but we did leave right at check out and didn't keep the car there longer.

I just wanted to mention that you pay to park at Universal, too. If you pay for regular parking, you pay $25. and that lot is all the way at the end of City Walk. You can pay for premium parking in the Frankenstein lot, which costs more and puts you across the street from the Hilton. In either scenario it seems easier to just pay to keep your car at the Hilton if they are going to charge you for the extra day. Hilton is much closer to the park entrance than the park's regular parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!