Using AirMiles Tickets to buy MNSSHP tickets

jsebsirois

DIS Veteran
Hey there!

I asked that kind of question a few years ago for Universal, and now I'm curious about using the same ''trick'' at WDW.

Is it possible to change a ticket bought with Air Miles? We would like to use the value of that ticket on MNSSHP tickets.

Thanks in advance!

Is it possible to change a ticket bought with Air Miles? We would like to use the value of that ticket on MNSSHP tickets.

We were at Disneyland in July/August of this year. I had 3 Disneyland 5 day park hoppers, which expire at the end of this year, and which I "purchased" using Airmiles.

My oldest daughter had a summer job at Disney World last year, and Disneyland this year. Last year at Disney World, she earned 7 one day free admittances for us, each good for one person (i.e., my wife and I got to go into the parks for free twice, and my younger daughter got in for free three times). We were hoping for the same thing at Disneyland, but as it turns out, my older daughter was able to get three of us (her parents and sister) into the parks for free for 13 (!) consecutive days (Disneyland basically treated her as a full time employee, where as Disney World didn't).

It obviously made no sense for us to use our 5 day park hoppers, so I went to the ticket booth to see what my options were. In our case, the three tickets each have a "cash value" of (as I recall) $375. If we don't use the tickets before they expire, then we can use that cash value anytime in the future to purchase Disneyland tickets.

There is one complication. The employee told me that the tickets I purchase have to cost more than $375. So, for example, I apparently couldn't, next summer, exchange each five day park hopper for a 3 day park hopper (assuming a three day park hopper costs less than $375).

I can't answer the question of whether you can use your tickets to exchange for MNSSHP tickets. In fact, there are three questions I can't answer:

(1) do unused tickets have to expire before they can be exchanged for other tickets?

(2) is it even possible to exchange a regular park ticket for special events such as MNSSHP tickets?

(3) let's say you have a 3 day Disneyland park hopper with a cash value of (say) $320; could you exchange that ticket for THREE MHSSHP tickets costing a total of $360?

Hey there!

I asked that kind of question a few years ago for Universal, and now I'm curious about using the same ''trick'' at WDW.

Thanks in advance!
If you are an ONYX member you can contact Airmiles and have a personal shopper buy those tickets directly from Disney for you.

Now can you use a ticket that you've redeemed miles for that currently shows on the Airmiles website? That is a tricky question and comes with a very messy answer of "maybe" You can take that ticket and upgrade to another ticket media that costs MORE than what you currently have but i doubt you'd be able to "downgrade" to a ticket that costs less. You might find a CM who would be willing to do that but i highly doubt you'd get any money back!

You could try calling this specific phone number for ticketing, while I don't normally suggest taking ANYTHING as gospel truth from the CMs on the phone I needed to call about a ticket that had gone *missing* between us paying the travel agency for it and getting to my account. The person i spoke to was able to look at my account, our reservation and every single ticket we've ever had attached to our accounts! They might be able to answer this general question with a somewhat solid answer. I would suggest NOT saying where you got it from but that you have (insert here whichever ticket you're thinking you might redeem for) ticket and are wondering about using the value towards party ticket(s)

Try this phone number: (407) 566-4985 (it's for EXISTING tickets, not buying new ones BTW, that number couldn't even figure out what i was asking :P )

Thanks to both of you for your very detailed answers!

I took a chance and chat, called and emailed Disney regarding that question. I received the same answer three times : I wouldn't be able to use the value of Air Miles Tickets to buy something else.

We'll hope for the exchange rate to get a little better to save on those MNSSHP tickets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter