Using AP discount at restaurants

dizneefan13

Earning My Fins
I am the only one in our party with an AP. When there are several of us, can we pay separately and still get my discount?

No, you will only get the AP discount on your bill so if you split the bill up the others in your party will not get it. Also, if you use a credit card it needs to have your name on it.

I guess we will be using cash then. I don't want to put the whole bill on my card, especially when going to expensive table service.
I kind of thought this would be the case but wanted to make sure. Thanks!

I've had the AP discount applied to the whole meal, even in split parties.
I've gone to places in Disney Springs that give discounts (like Polite Pig or gift shops) when my sister was buying something, flashed my AP card and they got the discount. (even though they paid separately)

Either way .. help your friends out. Pay for the whole meal yourself (with the AP discount) and have them pay you back in cash, check, gift card, PayPal right after.

I'll just tell them that if they want to use my discount they will need cash. Lots of atm's around.
I think some CM's might be lenient, but I'm not going to count on it.

I'll just tell them that if they want to use my discount they will need cash. Lots of atm's around.
I think some CM's might be lenient, but I'm not going to count on it.

This is always my advice concerning all things Disney. Good plan!
If carrying cash isn't an option there are a number of apps that allow parties to transfer funds to each other. I use Venmo.

@EdnaMarieMode 's Venmo idea is a good one. Keeps the cash-on-hand requirements lower.

But I also had another idea. If you and your friends wanted to save even more, you could always go out and pick up some discounted Disney gift cards. If anyone has a Sam's Club, BJ's Wholesale membership, or Target Red card, those are a way to "prepay" for your dining while picking up an extra 4-5% discount.

This is always my advice concerning all things Disney. Good plan!
If carrying cash isn't an option there are a number of apps that allow parties to transfer funds to each other. I use Venmo.

Yes! My sister and I are going to WDW this June, and I’m going to use my Tables in Wonderland/AP discounts for food and merchandise for both of us. She’s going to just transfer the money as we go using Zelle. My whole family uses Zelle since there’s no extra app to download - it’s within our banking apps. We’re going to use the Tab app to split the dining checks as well, so I won’t have to manually calculate the tax and tip each time we have a meal.

Yes! My sister and I are going to WDW this June, and I’m going to use my Tables in Wonderland/AP discounts for food and merchandise for both of us. She’s going to just transfer the money as we go using Zelle. My whole family uses Zelle since there’s no extra app to download - it’s within our banking apps. We’re going to use the Tab app to split the dining checks as well, so I won’t have to manually calculate the tax and tip each time we have a meal.

DH uses the Tab app all week long- he has lunch almost daily with co-workers and it makes splitting the check really easy!

So if those I am dining with have gift cards, they can use them to pay?

I'll have to check into Zelle. Looks like it might really simplify things.

Thanks everyone!

So if those I am dining with have gift cards, they can use them to pay?

I'll have to check into Zelle. Looks like it might really simplify things.

Thanks everyone!
Yes. I think all restaurants on Disney property accept them, but there might be an exception. Certainly all Disney owned do, and all the restaurants on property that I’ve ever dined at.

For the AP discount, there are some limitations especially at the third party restaurants (e.g. meal periods, days of the weeks, entree only or entire meal). In March Morimoto only had an AP discount during weekday lunch.

As for Disney gift cards, the restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin and Shades of Green don't accept them.

That's okay if some restaurants don't give discounts, or give limited discounts.
I'm concerned with the easiest way the non-AP holders can pay their share. I'll let them know ahead of time how to transfer the money or pay in cash.
One of us is a big shopper. I'm not. so I'm sure she will making trips to the ATM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!