Using BMO World Elite LoungeKey Complimentary passes

ottawamom

The "Air Miles" Lady
Has anyone here used their complimentary passes with the BMO WE M/C since they started up with LoungeKey. I used the lounge today with the Magical phrase "Mastercard Airport Experiences provided by LoungKey" and I now have a pending charge of $72.?? on my M/C.

Will this charge be reversed when they look up and see I haven't used my 2 complimentary passes or am I going to need to call them about this? That will be one very expensive breakfast if it doesn't disappear from my card.

I used mine last year. They charged my card but was reversed by BMO MasterCard when they got the statement from the lounge

Thank you. I was worried when I got home and saw the charge on my CC. The last group they did the passes with didn't charge my card when we visited.

When I used mine there was a pending charge on my MC but I was never actually charged. I was concerned at first but thought I would wait it out and see if there actually was a debit to my MC, which there never was. I think its just the lounges way of getting payment. Nothing to worry about.

I've still got the pending charge showing. I guess it will take a few days for that to disappear.

I wish I could have used ours at the Cancun airport on Sunday (we were with a group of 13)! We had a 10+ hour delay getting home as our plane's brakes needed to be fixed. Air Canada gave everyone two $15US Vouchers (300 MXN) for food LOL

We have the BMO AM credit card and have never used it for lounge access or ever been to an airport lounge before. We're going to Saint Lucia at the end of this month and looking forward to trying it out. Can you please tell me how it works? Is there something I need to reserve ahead of time? Are there food and drinks available for free or for a charge? Any proper "lounge etiquette" I should be aware of? Thanks in advance!

We have the BMO AM credit card and have never used it for lounge access or ever been to an airport lounge before. We're going to Saint Lucia at the end of this month and looking forward to trying it out. Can you please tell me how it works? Is there something I need to reserve ahead of time? Are there food and drinks available for free or for a charge? Any proper "lounge etiquette" I should be aware of? Thanks in advance!

I would download the LoungeKey app before you go. Some lounges only take the digital pass (on phone). Also, you can look up the airport code and it will tell you if there is a lounge there and where to find it / them. It will also outline what is all included at each lounge.

I haven't had a chance to use mine either as we are always traveling with more than just us (i.e., kids, extended family, etc).

I guess I should have updated. The pending charges did reverse on my CC after a few days. No special etiquette required. Drinks and food are included. They tend to frown upon taking food and drinks from the lounge (to eat on the plane) but it can be done if you're discreet about it (just saying).

Thanks for all your advice! We leave next Sunday....our flight is at 9am so we would be there a bit early but at least we would be able to finaly use this benefit as we don't usually fly and are always with our kids too (except this time!) I will remember to bring a good sized purse in case we think we will need a snack on the way lol.

I just got my elite card and since you guys are the best can you explain how the lounge works ? What airports ? How many guests ?
Thanks

QUOTE="ottawamom, post: 61093858, member: 83558"]
You reminded me I need to pack some ziplocks in my carry-on for our flight next week. We have a 2 hour connection in Toronto. :teeth:
[/QUOTE]

Go to the website for Lounge Key. Here

You will need to set up an account, enter your CC etc. The visits will be charged to your card but that pending charge will be reversed for 2 people. You can see which airports they serve. You get 2 complimentary passes per year. Beyond 2 people (1 comp = 1 person) you will pay $27US per visit/visitor.

I research on lounges at various airports (read reviews) to determine where I would use the passes over a trip with many stopovers. I have used the lounge access in Toronto, Orlando, Seoul and Hong Kong. Didn’t use it in Japan because reviews are not quite shiny for the Japanese ones. So far, Hong Kong has the best food with wide variety (Asian and Western with yummy desserts such as cream puffs) and beer for free. Incheon Seoul has less variety (both Korean and Western) but offers free red/white wine. Both Toronto and Orlando only have basic food. For Orlando, you have to ask the bar tender even for Perrier. I can’t remember if you have to pay for the alcoholic drinks or not. I only remember I went for the Perrier. Some airports like Hong Kong have lounges before security for people to refresh (with shower rooms) after arrival. We arrived late once and ate at a lounge before getting a taxi to the hotel since it would be too late to venture out for food after hotel check-in. If pays off to research ahead of time for better use of the lounge passes. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!