Using child TS credits at QS?

Jperiod

I am the rebel spy!
I'm trying to figure out if the DDP would be a good value for my family (3 adults/1 child). My 9 year old frequently prefers adult meals though.

From what I've read, the QS credits are pooled among adults/children so it doesn't matter what menu anyone is ordering from at a QS restaurant, right?

If we're at a TS and my 9 year old wants to order an adult meal, can I use 4 adult TS credits at that meal? If so, I'd end up with some extra child TS credits at the end. Could I use these child TS credits for QS meals instead? Would I be limited to the child's QS menu since TS credits are differentiated between adults/children?

You cannot use a childs TS credit at a QS unless you find a CM who is willing to make an exception. They really are not interchangeable.

You can use your TS credit to iorder her an adult meal.

I think that you may want to do some math and decide if the DDP works for you, or if you want to age her up to an adult and let her have the adult plan.

I think that once you start using TS credits to satisfy the childrens needs and then look for options for unused childrens credits, the value may be diminished, and a math exercise is in order.

Yes, QS credits are pooled. Disney definitely has the capability to close this loophole and chooses not to, they must still be making plenty of money from QS meals.

I agree with the above to take a look at the math again to see if the dining plan would really benefit your family. I completely understand wanting to have a last hurrah paying the child's price for the Dining Plan for the 9 year old (I will likely do the same in a few years for my DS). Our family would probably just order 3 adult meals and 1 child's meal and kind of share/swap/family style. And with a big eater like your 9 year old, buffets would be a great use of your dining credits.

In july we were able to drop credits DOWN (used table service credits for QS and QS credits for snacks). Obviously using them to level up is a hard no (snack credits for QS, etc. )

Run the math with deluxe dining plan too. Sometime waiters are more likely to let you use an adult meal for a young kid (as all the credits are pooled and there are no adult/kids) although plan does state that children must order off children’s menu- so it depends on waiter- we have success more often than not. You really need to order alchol or be doing a lot of character meals to make it save money though- I don’t know what your typical eating habits are.

In july we were able to drop credits DOWN (used table service credits for QS and QS credits for snacks). Obviously using them to level up is a hard no (snack credits for QS, etc. )
Can you tell me more about this? Did you drop down a child's TS credit to a QS credit? Did you just do it when purchasing your QS meal or ahead of time at your Resort?If left with an extra child's TS credit, could that be used to purchase an adult QS meal??

You cannot use a childs TS credit at a QS unless you find a CM who is willing to make an exception. They really are not interchangeable.

You can use your TS credit to iorder her an adult meal.

I think that you may want to do some math and decide if the DDP works for you, or if you want to age her up to an adult and let her have the adult plan.

I think that once you start using TS credits to satisfy the childrens needs and then look for options for unused childrens credits, the value may be diminished, and a math exercise is in order.

We have used TS credits for QS meals on multiple vacations without problems. Credits can be traded down but not up.

I read somewhere else that they would only let you trade down if all your CS entitlements were already used up. Was that true for others that used their TS credits for CS?

Can you tell me more about this? Did you drop down a child's TS credit to a QS credit? Did you just do it when purchasing your QS meal or ahead of time at your Resort?If left with an extra child's TS credit, could that be used to purchase an adult QS meal??
Yes we dropped down 2 kids and 3 adults and bought adult QS. I never ever buy kids QS on the dining plan. We did it when purchasing the meal. I'm sure like everything, some locations/CM's will know how and some wont. We asked at guest services at HS about it and they said just to ask the person at the location where we ate to do it.

Thanks for sharing Calee, glad you were able to get a qs credit w a child’s ts. Glad Disney is treating them the same

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter