using cvs gift cards to buy disney gift cards?

andychris14

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this was asked before but can I use a cvs gift card to purchase a disney gift card?
thank you so much!!!

Probably not. Most retailers do not allow use of a gift card to purchase another gift card. I think Target is the only one that has generally allowed this, maybe some wholesale clubs.

After some digging I found this on the CVS website:
*CVS/pharmacy gift cards cannot be used online at CVS.com or to purchase
any other retailers gift card or prepaid card that CVS/pharmacy may carry.

You used to be able to with Target.
You could buy discounted Target gift cards through Raise.com, then go to Target.com to use the gift cards and add on your TargetRed card to get an additional 5% off and purchase Disney Gift Cards.

I did it in August for a trip and saved 12% on $500 worth.
Almost all retailers have the same rule that you can not use a Gift Card to purchase another Gift Card.

I tried this workaround with Target again recently and it didn't let me do it.
Looks like like this backdoor no longer exists.

I do watch Raise.com for discounted gift cards, but Disney doesn't show up on there often.

You used to be able to with Target.
You could buy discounted Target gift cards through Raise.com, then go to Target.com to use the gift cards and add on your TargetRed card to get an additional 5% off and purchase Disney Gift Cards.

I did it in August for a trip and saved 12% on $500 worth.
Almost all retailers have the same rule that you can not use a Gift Card to purchase another Gift Card.

I tried this workaround with Target again recently and it didn't let me do it.
Looks like like this backdoor no longer exists.

I do watch Raise.com for discounted gift cards, but Disney doesn't show up on there often.

At least in my area, this still works in-store at Target. You don't get the 5% add'l discount for the REDCard, but if you can find a good 5%+ discount on Target gift cards online, it's a good option to save some money.

If you don't have gift cards, the 5% REDCard works in store too.

Cool, Thanks for letting me know. Going WDW in 2 wks and I have some Target Gift Cards to try and exchange. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts