Using Disneys Magic For Less

Sheila E.

Mouseketeer
I don't know if this is allowed or even which forum to post in but I was just curious if anyone has used a travel agent for their trip before and if it was worth it. I'm considering using The Magic For Less for my trip this year.

Definitely worth it. At the very least, a travel agent will go to bat for you if something goes wrong with any part of your trip. They can also find you the right travel insurance for when things go really wrong. I used to work as one, and while a travel agent can't usually get you a better price, the extra service a good agent brings to the table definitely makes it worthwhile.

Definitely worth it. At the very least, a travel agent will go to bat for you if something goes wrong with any part of your trip. They can also find you the right travel insurance for when things go really wrong. I used to work as one, and while a travel agent can't usually get you a better price, the extra service a good agent brings to the table definitely makes it worthwhile.

i agree with everything he says! we've used a travel agent for every one of our trips. they're especially helpful if you've never been to disney, or only a few times, as they can give advice and such. TAs will even book your fastpasses and dining reservations for you (although i've heard of some charging you for this, which as a travel agent myself, i find ridiculous... be weary of those who try and charge you for that)

My friends have used travel agents in the past (for overwhelming first trips) and loved them. I will say that the disboards are sponsored by/affiliated with Dreams Unlimited Travel...I think your original post might get removed. Maybe check them out or amend your post wording? I'm guessing other agency references are frowned upon...just trying to be helpful:)

For first trips, or complicated arragements, or when you just don't have time to do everything yourself, a TA is a GREAT resource! Now that we've been a few times and I have learned a LOT about WDW travel....I do everything myself. But the first few times, my TA was AMAZING helping with every aspect of our vacation. (We use her for non-disney travel now lol)

We use a TA when it comes to flights. I drive to WDW with our camper and dog. Wife and sometimes kids fly in later. Yes I can find flights online and sometimes I tell the agent what I have found, but if something goes wrong, weather or mechanical delays, I want someone to help me get things back on track while I'm not there. Sometimes I'll find a cheap flight and then the agent says you don't want to fly that airline, hidden fees, bad online times. I feel safer with someone that knows the ins and outs of air travel. I make my own campsite, ADR's, and fast passes.

We use a TA when it comes to flights. I drive to WDW with our camper and dog. Wife and sometimes kids fly in later. Yes I can find flights online and sometimes I tell the agent what I have found, but if something goes wrong, weather or mechanical delays, I want someone to help me get things back on track while I'm not there. Sometimes I'll find a cheap flight and then the agent says you don't want to fly that airline, hidden fees, bad online times. I feel safer with someone that knows the ins and outs of air travel. I make my own campsite, ADR's, and fast passes.

And from my experience as a former agent(left the industry a few years back but still have friends in it), I would add that agents that work for different agencies do talk between them so if one finds out something negative about a given supplier, word does spread fast.

I get some people want a TA to take care of everything. That's the best way for many.

Myself - NOPE. I study the various blogs and boards like this. I know what is what.

Easy to figure out best use of of FP. I can book them just as easy. Same with meals, etc.

I am in control. Not somebody else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter