Using Periscope or Meerkat at runDisney races

IamTrike

DIS Veteran
I'm running this weekends DDD solo and signed up to use periscope so my family back home can watch some of the stuff I'm doing.

This made me wonder if any of you have done this at prior races and how well it worked?

I think if it works well it could be neat to watch other people's feeds from different disney races.

Im going to try to 'scope some things too from 1/2 marathon, expo a little bit of pre race atmosphere . I know from just watching scopes that it works your battery hard. I dont know how long but you should be able to scope a 10k if your under an hour. My scope/twitter is @ dukstang

I don't think periscope has really been available for other races since it's pretty new. I'd love to watch people's periscopes of races tho.

Seems like it would burn through a lot of data (unless you have a unlimited plan) and kill your battery. I've run one marathon with my phone, and I will never do it again. I hate having extra things one me while I run. If I could train myself to get through a marathon without a fuel belt I would ditch it too. Saying that, I do think it would be really interesting to watch.

Bring an external battery or a battery-charging phone case because 'Scopin is a total energy suck.

Also, be aware that if there's a lot of people pulling data, you may not be able to broadcast.

I tried to scope the MLB Futures game, and while fun, it was more trouble than it was worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter