Using points for DLParis family rooms

ClaireW

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used points to stay in a larger room at Disneyland Paris? We are a family of 5, and I can see on the DLP site that their family rooms would work for us, but I can't see anything on the points chart that suggests whether I could book one or not using points. We've just cancelled our August trip to WDW and have banked points that we need to find a way to use up!

Here is the points chart. https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/list/europe/disneyland-hotel-paris/booking/
Its part of the disney collection system and have a different cancelation policy. Once the points are moved to the Collection system they can not be used for DVC rooms if you need to cancel your Paris trip. THey can only be used for another Disney Collection resort. Returned Reservation Points will be deposited into the Use Year in which the cancelled reservation falls. Returned Reservation Points may not be used for Disney Vacation Club Resort reservations or for World Collection exchanges and will expire at the end of your Use Year. Returned Reservation Points cannot be banked.

I think financially you'd be better off renting the points and using the cash for DLP

Thank you for your replies. First time we’ve ever had points that we might not be able to use so weighing up all the options, including renting and RCI as well as DLP.

Its tricky I have 262 points needed to be used by sept 30th 2021. I would normally rent them out but been stung this year and don't want the hassle. So like the OP I am looking for other ways. DLP, RCI are all in the mix not the best usage but better than none.

Its tricky I have 262 points needed to be used by sept 30th 2021. I would normally rent them out but been stung this year and don't want the hassle. So like the OP I am looking for other ways. DLP, RCI are all in the mix not the best usage but better than none.

what went wrong if you don’t mind me asking as I May also find myself in a similar position?

what went wrong if you don’t mind me asking as I May also find myself in a similar position?

There is a really long thread about dvc renting on the boards. I have rented for years and always gone ok. But with the COVID shutting resorts the owner is now on the line to refund. Mine turned out ok in the end because I moved my rentals to January, at the rentees request. Read the thread it’s a long one.

There is a really long thread about dvc renting on the boards. I have rented for years and always gone ok. But with the COVID shutting resorts the owner is now on the line to refund. Mine turned out ok in the end because I moved my rentals to January, at the rentees request. Read the thread it’s a long one.
do you rent out your points direct or through a point rental company?

I have “used” points for DL Hotel in California when I had an abundance. Glad we have that option. Thanks for reminder.

The problem with renting points right now is that there is an abundance of reservations for this year, into next, for rent on the various broker sites.

1542 confirmed reservations on one site
1000+ on another site (I didn't sit down and count them all, just kept scrolling and scrolling and made an estimate)
100+ on another site (I didn't sit down and count them all)

Through a company, i have done it for years without issue.
i also have rented out our DVC points without issue...
it was great to be able to do that, without much hassle since the company takes care of almost everything..

we're going next summer (2021) so we'll need all of our points - 2020, 2021, and the half of 2022 they'll let us use...

i also have rented out our DVC points without issue...
it was great to be able to do that, without much hassle since the company takes care of almost everything..

we're going next summer (2021) so we'll need all of our points - 2020, 2021, and the half of 2022 they'll let us use...

That was our plan but we've just decided 2021 isn't going to happen so for the first time I've listed my points. Figured doing it early would maximise my chances....

That was our plan but we've just decided 2021 isn't going to happen so for the first time I've listed my points. Figured doing it early would maximise my chances....
we're keeping our fingers crossed that the 2021 trip happens....
did you use David's? that's who i used. They were really good. I'll use them again, next time i rent out our points..

we're keeping our fingers crossed that the 2021 trip happens....
did you use David's? that's who i used. They were really good. I'll use them again, next time i rent out our points..

Fingers crossed for you, too! Yes we're using David's. The fact they're in Canada means you avoid that tax issue so whilst I appreciate they have moved the goalposts, the points don't expire until March 2022 so hopefully they can get them away before then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!