>> Using Pools at Other Resorts: FAQ & Questions <<

It has been a very long time since guests could swim in the various lakes/lagoons/etc. I know we were permitted to go into the water at the Polynesian back in 1997, but it was sometime after that when signs went up warning guests about animals in the water. Then the alligator attack and the water fronts were fenced.
Thanks!

We have a trip planned with some of our relatives next summer. They are staying at the Pop Century, and we are staying at the Fort Wilderness Campground.
Will we be able to swim together at each other's resorts?

It wasn't feasible for us all to stay at the same resort. Family members didn't want to rent a cabin for only 3 people, and the Pop Century doesn't offer hook ups for a camper.

A CM had told us that if we were under the limit for a camping site (10) we could add people as guests at the front desk up to the max per site. Of course CMs can be wrong. For example, a different CM told my wife that we could let the front desk at Poly know that we would like to have a family visit us from AoA and it should be ok. I found it really hard to believe. Never tried either option.

No to going to Pop.

I'm going to merge this into our Pool-Hopping FAQ thread at the top of this board.

A CM had told us that if we were under the limit for a camping site (10) we could add people as guests at the front desk up to the max per site. Of course CMs can be wrong. For example, a different CM told my wife that we could let the front desk at Poly know that we would like to have a family visit us from AoA and it should be ok. I found it really hard to believe. Never tried either option.

No to going to Pop.

Darn. I tried talking family into just sleeping off-site and letting us add them to our Fort Wilderness reservation since there would only be 7 of us if we did that. One person is elderly and has mild mobility issues, and I thought he could go back to our camper and rest if he wanted during the day. And we plan to have lunch or dinner meals for all of us at our camper regardless. (Our camper is too small for everyone to sleep, and male elderly relative is large and wouldn't be comfortable in any of our camper beds.) However, they have stayed at Pop before, they like it, and they don't like the unknown, and the campground is the unknown for them.

I know the kids will want to swim with them.

That's weird that the campground would allow them to ours, but not the other way around. The campground is considered a moderate. I guess we can ask. :/

That's weird that the campground would allow them to ours, but not the other way around. The campground is considered a moderate. I guess we can ask. :/

You can do this at any resort, it's not just the campground. As long as you're not at the maximum room occupancy, you can add guests to your reservation.

Now, having said that, it can cause issues if you're on a package reservation, as there are package rules that require all guests on the reservation to have the same tickets and/or dining plan. If you add the guests at or after your arrival, however, they'll usually waive those rules.

You can ask the lifeguard (not the front desk) for permission to have guests at your pool, they *may* say yes.

Thanks for letting me know that, Lynne. We can't get on each other's reservations; they are arriving a few days after us and leaving a day before. :/

We aren't doing the dining plan, and I think they are.

Has anyone been denied pool use in a situation where family is staying at two different resorts?
Half if my family is stating at AoA, other half at CSR. It would be nice to have a swimming afternoon together.

Has anyone been denied pool use in a situation where family is stating at two different resorts?
Half if my family is stating at AoA, other half at CSR. It would be nice to have a swimming afternoon together.

Yes. 3 out of the 4 times we asked.

Or one of you change your reservation so you are staying at the same resort.

My 24 yr old daughter is adamant about wanting AoA.
I am adamant about wanting a new resort, to me. So she is staying there and my other daughter and her family and I, are at Coronado. Lol
We will survive without pool time together. It would have just been nice for my daughter to see her niece, my grandbaby, in pool time!

Yes. 3 out of the 4 times we asked.

Were you all trying to swim, or just be at the same pool? We are taking our kids and staying at Beach Club Villas, but my parents are staying at Grand Floridian. I know they would want to see the kids at the pool, but they definitely wouldn't be getting in the pool. Do you think we are more likely to get a yes on that, or should we plan on skipping pool time?

Were you all trying to swim, or just be at the same pool?

Just being at the pool.

We are taking our kids and staying at Beach Club Villas, but my parents are staying at Grand Floridian. I know they would want to see the kids at the pool, but they definitely wouldn't be getting in the pool. Do you think we are more likely to get a yes on that, or should we plan on skipping pool time?

You never know. Can't hurt to ask.

Were you all trying to swim, or just be at the same pool? We are taking our kids and staying at Beach Club Villas, but my parents are staying at Grand Floridian. I know they would want to see the kids at the pool, but they definitely wouldn't be getting in the pool. Do you think we are more likely to get a yes on that, or should we plan on skipping pool time?
Beach Club Villas is very strict that only resort guests are allowed in the gated/fenced pool area. Empty pool chairs cannot often be found so having non-resort guests really wouldn't be fair to the paying guests.

You can request a day pass for visitors, just swing by the front desk and ask...
Ok I did some research and found out SAB does not allow any visitors, you must be on the resort to be able to use the pool there and they do scan everyone’s MB to ensure you’re a guest of the resort. I’m not sure if it’s the same for the quiet pool there, you can always ask.

Last edited:
The only pool I know of that has a CM w/ the specific task of checking magic bands at the entrance is the bigger one shared by BC/YC. We've swum in the pool at GF whilst staying at Poly and invited the man's family staying at GF to join us at Poly. I did ask a CM on duty at Poly and they gave permission. Didn't bother to ask the GF CMs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!