Using travel agent

Michigandermom

Earning My Ears
I'm new here, but I've already gained lots of great info from reading the posts. I have made package reservations for club room at HRH. I think it was called the stay n play package. My question is, I called the toll-free number for the HRH to see about requesting a certain room and was told that they "could not touch" my reservation because it was made through a package deal with a travel agent. I also have a Loews card and wanted to give them the card number to attach to my reservation so I would get credit for my stay, and again was told they could not touch it. This is the first time I have ever used a travel agent. The only reason I used a travel agent was because if I were to book this particular package myself, I would have to pay the entire amount at the time of booking, which I thought was rediculous. Would it work if I had my travel agent call to make my request and give them my Loews number? I really prefer to do it myself so that I can ask questions, if necessary. Does anyone know of a way I can handle this situation? If I called the direct line to he hotel would they be better able to help? Thanks.

First of all, welcome! :D

Hmmm. Maybe you should try calling Loews or call the hotel direct. Even if they can't note your Loews # or take a room request, they can hopefully at least answer any questions you may have. After speaking with them, try calling your travel agent and asking if he/she can take your Loews # & room request.

Oh, another thing. I'm not sure if you've booked flights and all of that through your travel agent. But when you reserve your room through Loews 800 # or 1-800-BeAStar (Universal), you only have to pay a one-night deposit. You pay for the rest of your stay when you get to the hotel. :D

call your travel agent. Last time I considered using a travel agent I was told that any additions or deletions I had to go through the travel agent. Therefore, I opted to do everything myself.

Thanks for the advise. I did try calling the Loews number and was told the same thing, so I will call my travel agent on Monday and have her make the request for me. I wish I would have found this discussion board before I finalized everything. I would have done things differently. I have found some excellent info from all of you. Thanks a bunch.

But this is the whole point of a Travel Agent...not having to do it yourself!!! That's what they are there for, and paid for - to do it for you. It's their job to make you happy. When you call or even go in in person to see your travel agent, let them know what you want done and what questions you want answered. Run into problems? Call them! Where you guaranteed a certain room and didn't get it? That's what they are there for! Problems arise? You let them know and they'll fix it.
They want you to come back. (And they should bow to your every demand!) :- )

Yes, you're right. I just like doing things myself because that way I know they get done right! I'm somewhat of a control freak, I guess. Anyway, I just called my travel agent and she said she would call and make my request for me. I'm thinking about reserving a cabana for one day. I wonder if I can do that myself or if the travel agent has to do that too. My vacation isn't until the end of July so I guess I'll try calling the hotel in June to see about that. I'm really excited about this vacation and I just want to make sure everything goes smoothly.

U can book a cabana yourself and with the lowes card add no when u arrive we did this in march and had no problems getting our gift etc:jester:

Thanks highlander. I just received my actual Loews card in the mail today. I had the number written down from the e-mail they sent me just in case the card didn't show up in time. I will take the card with me and I'm sure I won't have any problems.

The same thing happened to me. I made HRH reservations through AAA and was told by the hotel & Loews that they couldn't input my specific requests since I had reserved through an agent. Then AAA told me that they would submit my requests but I needed to realize they were merely requests & nothing more. I ultimately cancelled the original reservation made through AAA and made my own reservation with the hotel directly; they were very helpful and provided exactly what I wanted.

In general, my experience is that if the details are REALLY important to me, I'm more assured of getting exactly what I want if I sweat the details myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter