USO tips?

megbri

Earning My Ears
Just thought I'd sorta poll the veterans.....

#1 - What's one thing you'd say people MUST do/see before leaving USO?

#2 - What's the best tip you can give people who've only been to USO once and only got to go to 2 attractions?

#3 - What's the best time to go to certain rides (Come on, i know you probably have routines down pat!!!)

Any help would be great... after going last year, I've only been to MIB, Twister, and 2 of the haunted houses! :confused:

This sounds like a HHN related question!!!!

1) Must do at Studios: MIB, T23D,

2) go with someone that knows how to get it done

3) My routine is IOA first Dragons, Jurrasic, Spidey, Doom, Hulk.
move to studios: MIB.
Move back to IOA: Mythos for lunch
move back to studios: MIB and end with T23D
just a saturday thing :bounce:

1. Although I think whatever is on people's "must do" list for US will be highly subjective depending upon what they like and enjoy the most; I would say this park's "must do/see" things are Kongfrontation, Jaws, Earthquake, Back to the Future, E.T., Terminator 2 3-D, MIB, Nickelodeon, I Love Lucy Tribute, and Twister

2. If you only got to see a few attractions during your first trip, I would suggest to definitely have a rough itenirary of the attractions that you may want to see next time.

Also, it might be helpful to familiarize yourself with the park as much as possible such as looking at a map and finding out beforehand where all the attractions you're interested in are generally located so you won't waste a lot of time (especially if you have a limited amount) wandering around the park looking for things.

Additionally, I would pretty much arrive early to get a jumpstart on the day particulary if you are visiting during the busy summer season with lots of people there. Also be sure and take time out to review the park brochure once arriving that's given as you pass through the entrance to get an idea of what's currently offered as well.

3. As far as the best time to go on rides, I have found that during the park's opening the most popular and well known ride lines can grow long quite fast. However, I usually check these first because sometimes you can get a lucky break and get a chance to be one of the first persons in line.

Also, during the traditional lunch times between 12-2pm or so I have noticed that a lot of people choose to break for lunch, midday snack or rest so you may be able to experience somewhat of a reduction in wait times then.

At the end of the night or whenever closing is drawing near a lot of people are really tired and usually dragging their feet from touring all day so this time may be also conducive in getting on some of the rides you may want to go on without having a long wait.

Hope this helps some and you enjoy your next trip.

Thanks, you were both very helpful! :)
I can't wait to go!! One more week, I'll be there on the 13th!

1: Must do's: T2-3D and MIB. Some neat things to look for: The Marx Brothers in "Central Park" in the afternoon. These guys are hillarious. I'm a big fan so I had to have my picture taken w/them.

3: last time we went T2-3D show didn't start until 9:30 or 10am. If you get to the park when it opens, you can fit a ride on Back to the Future (sit in front if possible) before it starts.

You might want to pick up a copy of Kelly Monaghan's book "The Ultimate Guide to the Ultimate Theme park". It has great descriptions of all the rides,etc. He mentions some neat things that don't even show up on the park maps.

Have fun!

I agree with getting Kelly's book. If you can't find it, it is available at the Universal Store onsite.

Pay attention to the attention to detail and the theming of the parks. If it wasn't for Kelly pointing this out in his book, I would have missed the music in the different islands.

When others think attractions lack the luster of other attractions in the park, for example twister and the dinosaur encounter. I really appreciated the realness of it all. Thought those two in particular were awesome and only because Kelly pointed it out, otherwise I would have passed on those attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter