vacation home rentals

chitowncubbiery

Earning My Ears
Anyone have any home rental sugestions other than airbnb. Are there any good reliable local companies that do house rentals? thanks

VRBO

Also if you know the name of the resort community, some of them include rent-from-owner postings right on their website.

We use VRBO or the Windsor Palms owners site directly. We've been renting homes in the area for over 20 years and have never had a bad experience.

We always use VRBO. Windsor Hills is a great choice, close to the parks.

We are probably going to do a condo or house rental next trip. VRBO has been recommended by friends, but thank you for the link to Windsor Hills - that has all sizes, all prices.

I’m a big fan of Vista Cay near Universal. Owners rent via vrbo or Airbnb and Millenium also offers rooms. I’ve been looking into The Grove as well recently, trying to decide if I’m willing to give it a shot when extending my Orlando stays beyond my DVC bookings.

We have booked homes through their site www.welcometowindsorhills.com

I’ve done Windsor Hills three times thru their website

I am considering booking through the website but I am scared not to have a backup agency behind such as Airbnb... is there any guarantee that you will get the villa (I.e. that it isn’t a scam...) when booking via Windsor Hills website?
I feel like Airbnb has some more security although I may be wrong...

Thanks! That’s very reassuring!!!
For future reference I’d be careful renting directly from an owner without a cancel for any reason policy.

last year I got a rental from the welcome to Windsor hills site and the owner cancelled on my within weeks of my trip. I scrambled to find a replacement and found a lovely home in WH via Air BNB. I think I will stick with Air BNB orVRBO in future for the security of reservation.

Airbnb owners can and do cancel reservations. Life happens and unexpected repairs may be needed or they may have to leave town. If this happens, there is no option but to rebook with a different owner If another property is available. I do not feel that Airbnb is necessarily a safer option in all cases.

Only some Airbnb listers offer a flexible cancellation policy. Owners have 5 choices regarding their refund policy from flexible to strict with 3 other options in between. I also avoid booking with people that have chosen a strict no cancel/no refund policy. I feel that owners who are willing to work with me if I have an emergency are worth supporting with my business.

i know someone who was scammed using VRBO. They found out just after paying the deposit and was able to add Vrbo’s insurance after they discovered the scam which reimbursed them for the loss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts