Vacation Strategy/Wyndham

Bowen9475

DIS Veteran
We have a reservation checking in today at Bonnet Creek booked through Vacation Strategy. When we got to WBC they could not find our reservation. Have been on the phone with VS a couple times already. They can see out reservation but can't tell us why WBC can't. They are looking into it and hope to have an answer for us by 4:00. Just venting. Not how we wanted to spend our day

Oh no! Good luck and please keep us posted. I have a reservation through VS for WBC for September. We booked through them couple of years ago and it was fine, no issues.

We have a reservation checking in today at Bonnet Creek booked through Vacation Strategy. When we got to WBC they could not find our reservation. Have been on the phone with VS a couple times already. They can see out reservation but can't tell us why WBC can't. They are looking into it and hope to have an answer for us by 4:00. Just venting. Not how we wanted to spend our day

Wyndham's rollout of a new computer system has not gone well. Hopefully when will figure it out quickly for you.

So, while we were eating lunch we got a call from VS. They said there was a "mix up" with our reservation and they could not accommodate us at WBC. We were offered a 3BR at Reunion Resort. They did not offer any other options so we took it. About 2 hours later I got an email confirmation for Reunion. When we got to Reunion they also were not able to find our reservation. They were able to make it work though. The unit is nice enough but we are not really close to much of anything. The resort feels like it's in the middle of nowhere. Pretty disappointed because WBC was in a much better location. VS and the person who checked us in at Reunion Resort both say the blame lies with Wyndham. Either way, we will very likely not book with VS again or stay at a Wyndham again. Overall, a frustrating and disappointing day.

So, while we were eating lunch we got a call from VS. They said there was a "mix up" with our reservation and they could not accommodate us at WBC. We were offered a 3BR at Reunion Resort. They did not offer any other options so we took it. About 2 hours later I got an email confirmation for Reunion. When we got to Reunion they also were not able to find our reservation. They were able to make it work though. The unit is nice enough but we are not really close to much of anything. The resort feels like it's in the middle of nowhere. Pretty disappointed because WBC was in a much better location. VS and the person who checked us in at Reunion Resort both say the blame lies with Wyndham. Either way, we will very likely not book with VS again or stay at a Wyndham again. Overall, a frustrating and disappointing day.
Thank you for following up here.

This has me a little anxious for our reservation next April. We already got an "oops" call from VS- saying they needed to increase the price we were quoted. We were very happy with them last time.

I'm sorry for your experience. I know they did the best they could given the circumstances, but that's really disappointing.

Oh ugh. I know Wyndam's new website rollout has been anything but smooth and accurate. Thanks for sharing, Bowen9475. Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy Reunion despite the circumstances of being there. It is on our list to try some time. Since you had 0 time to research it, I'm sure you're trying to get your bearings. There's a big waterpark there that you should have full access to. Depending on your group, that might be a nice silver lining.

Nothing else was offered. When I asked the person that called from VS what would happen if we didn't want to go to Reunion, her response was only that that was the only resort they could find to accommodate us for our dates and she had to know so she could get it booked. Not sure what would have happened if we pushed but didn't want to end up with nowhere to stay, having to find a hotel and then possibly having to work to get a refund. I'm glad they were able to offer us an alternative but still really disappointed not to be at WBC.

Nothing else was offered. When I asked the person that called from VS what would happen if we didn't want to go to Reunion, her response was only that that was the only resort they could find to accommodate us for our dates and she had to know so she could get it booked. Not sure what would have happened if we pushed but didn't want to end up with nowhere to stay, having to find a hotel and then possibly having to work to get a refund. I'm glad they were able to offer us an alternative but still really disappointed not to be at WBC.
I probably would have done the same.

Thank you for answering so quickly while you're on vacation!

I am so sorry this happened to you. I'm curious to know if there is way to prevent this in the future. If one books through vacation strategy, when is the reservation transferred over to WBC? Are we able to call WBC few days or a week ahead to find out if wyndham got the reservation? If they didn't, it might end up in same result as this scenario, but maybe it could help with not being out of a place to stay and having to scramble during the day of check in. Does anyone know when it's transferred over?

I am so sorry this happened to you. I'm curious to know if there is way to prevent this in the future. If one books through vacation strategy, when is the reservation transferred over to WBC? Are we able to call WBC few days or a week ahead to find out if wyndham got the reservation? If they didn't, it might end up in same result as this scenario, but maybe it could help with not being out of a place to stay and having to scramble during the day of check in. Does anyone know when it's transferred over?
You can call a few days out to confirm. I'm not sure when WBC gets the reservations loaded into its computer from the main system. It could be only a few days or a couple of weeks. We have seen people on here panic because they called 2 months out and they didn't have their name yet.

Also, when the person who booked the room for you puts your name on it is a factor. A renter may have a reservation under a different name that they switch to you when you pay for the reservation or as the time gets closer.

The key thing is you trust the person you are renting from. In any travel situation, things can go wrong. Flights get overbooked, hotels get overbooked, reservation computers can go down, etc. In least in this case, the person had someone to help them and alternative accommodations were found.

I am so sorry that has happened to you. Based on the good reputation here I also just booked with VS for our November trip. I would have thought VS was trustworthy. Our flight doesn't arrive until midnight so now I am almost thinking it might be smart to get the first night onsite. Or maybe not go with WBC at all. It sounds like you have made the best of it, but I would when you get back let both VS and Wyndham your frustrations (not that it would do any good).

I am so sorry this happened to you. VS is a broker who manages the rental of owners who own Wyndham Vacation points. The owner can always cancel the reservation.

In the past a lot of mega renters of Wyndham would wait to the very last minute to put the guest certificate in the guest's name so they could play the cancel and rebook game for upgrades using less points. For example, they pay for a one bedroom and get a three bedroom for the same amount of points as the one bedroom.

I would always confirm before going (even on timeshare trades) to confirm that they have a room in my name at least a couple of weeks before.

Wyndham owners can cancel 15 days out without any points penalty, that is why Mega Renters wait 15 days out to change the name. It was been on posts that due to this change (eliminating the cancel and rebook) that the prices of Wyndham points reservation especially in advance would cost more.

Wyndham also in the past couple of years have taken back Wyndham timeshares from owners who do not want them anymore. Very smart move.

I am so sorry this happened to you. VS is a broker who manages the rental of owners who own Wyndham Vacation points. The owner can always cancel the reservation.

In the past a lot of mega renters of Wyndham would wait to the very last minute to put the guest certificate in the guest's name so they could play the cancel and rebook game for upgrades using less points. For example, they pay for a one bedroom and get a three bedroom for the same amount of points as the one bedroom.

I would always confirm before going (even on timeshare trades) to confirm that they have a room in my name at least a couple of weeks before.

Wyndham owners can cancel 15 days out without any points penalty, that is why Mega Renters wait 15 days out to change the name. It was been on posts that due to this change (eliminating the cancel and rebook) that the prices of Wyndham points reservation especially in advance would cost more.

Wyndham also in the past couple of years have taken back Wyndham timeshares from owners who do not want them anymore. Very smart move.
I'm just trying to learn all I can about this...

Are you saying the OP could, essentially, have been screwed over by an owner- with Wyndham and Vacation Strategy having no control over the matter?

Wow, that's unfortunate. Good for you to try and make the best of it. This is a good warning for the rest of us.

I'm just trying to learn all I can about this...

Are you saying the OP could, essentially, have been screwed over by an owner- with Wyndham and Vacation Strategy having no control over the matter?

Or is it possible that Vacation Strategy may have tried to cancel rebook and then lost the reservation??? As a Wyndham owner I regularly call to confirm about a week before arrival. I have recently received a pre arrival letter for a room that I cancelled. The Wyndham IT and new website is a mess.

Hopefully the rest of your vacation will be wonderful! Thanks for giving us the heads up about Vacation Strategy.

Or is it possible that Vacation Strategy may have tried to cancel rebook and then lost the reservation??? As a Wyndham owner I regularly call to confirm about a week before arrival. I have recently received a pre arrival letter for a room that I cancelled. The Wyndham IT and new website is a mess.
As an owner, how does this work if you deal with a broker? Do you give up control to them at a certain point?

Not that I have any allegiance or any remote financial interest in Vacation Strategy, but I just want to note that this is a Wyndham screw up, not VS. Lots and lots of posts and threads over on the TUG (Timeshare Users Group) bulletin board about crazy consequences of a terrible system update, including missing reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!