Vancouver port questions!

Thanks everyone for your responses! A lot to think about! We are deck 6, midship so hopefully the smoke/ashes won’t be an issue on the verandah. We have my mother who can’t walk well, and my 2 young kids so I’ll have to balance out cost vs convenience of some aspects of transitions. I have no doubt the beauty of some of the hotels but I think staying at the airport Fairmont to arrive at 1am and just depart for the port is not in consideration right now (we wouldn’t enjoy any amenities). I can see the perks of being on the port as well as staying nearby to the port!

Three summers ago we stayed at the Fairmont Pacfic Rim. Down the street from the port. They were great and transferred our luggage (plus one of us) down to the port while the rest of us walked. Hotel was great... when we do AK again, we will stay there.

One thing to double check when you're looking at pricing... Make sure you're seeing the USD and not the CAD price. Both countries use the $ symbol so if you're not careful, you might be getting sticker shock over the exchange rate instead of the price....

I’d like to stay at a hotel where we can see the ship come in, either from the room or a roof deck. Do you know if that’s possible from the Fairmont Pacific Rim? Also, was it easy to arrange luggage transport and how long was the walk? Thanks!

I’d like to stay at a hotel where we can see the ship come in, either from the room or a roof deck. Do you know if that’s possible from the Fairmont Pacific Rim? Also, was it easy to arrange luggage transport and how long was the walk? Thanks!

Yes you can get a room with a view of the harbour and port from the Pacific Rim. The hotel is literally across the street from the port. I personally would not bother paying for luggage transport unless there is a reason you can't bring your luggage across the street.

Yes you can get a room with a view of the harbour and port from the Pacific Rim. The hotel is literally across the street from the port. I personally would not bother paying for luggage transport unless there is a reason you can't bring your luggage across the street.
Ok, thanks. I might be getting the Fairmonts mixed up. I thought the Pacific Rim location was several blocks down the road and the Waterfront location was the one right across the street from the port...?

Ok, thanks. I might be getting the Fairmonts mixed up. I thought the Pacific Rim location was several blocks down the road and the Waterfront location was the one right across the street from the port...?
The Fairmont Waterfront is right near the port (we stayed there once). The Fairmont Pacific Rim is a block or so inland from the port. Pan Pacific Hotel is in the same building as the port (stayed there once also).

Oh Vancouver is extremely expensive, even by NYC standards. We stay at the Pan Pacific, also not cheap but they have an Alaska Cruise deal. The Pan Pacific is on top of the port where the Fairmont Waterfront is sorta next to the port. I haven't used DCL transfer/booking services, but the big hotels have that service to the port.
Try searching for a better flight option to get you to Vancouver earlier than midnight, even if its a one stop.
The port is not set up like Port Canaveral, they are port employees, thus greeters and personnel put on the uniform of the cruise line for that day. Same for transfers of people and their luggage, not Disney.
This isn’t true. I have worked in port at Vancouver for youth activities. We come off the ship and set up our registration stuff in port.

This isn’t true. I have worked in port at Vancouver for youth activities. We come off the ship and set up our registration stuff in port.
True, some of the many people I have seen at the port terminal are CMs (with the Disney name tag DCL logo on top). But most of the people we have interacted with from directing where to walk throughout the terminal, to getting in the correct line, to having your documents ready and finally checking in have the contractor name tags (oval with their name).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!