Vanessa- figmentfan814 ~ Happily Ever Wedding & 10th Anniversary VR Brunch #1 Added 8-10

I hope to add more updates tomorrow depending on how work goes :goodvibes I got an email that our Magic Kingdom and MGM shoot pictures were up (a day early!) even though I had been sent another email last Friday saying that there were some problems with the server and they didn't think they would be up until next week. Then I had a major disappointment... there were only 9 there!!! I guess the server is still acting up. I'll let you know when more show up online.

End of Day 2~

After delivering all the bags we loaded up and headed to the Men’s Warehouse over by the Florida Mall. AfterHours was bought out by Men’s Warehouse and is now named Tux and they both have the same options now. I was really pleased with the service that we received at Men’s Warehouse. I know some people have had problems with the different tux shops.

I paid a $10 deposit at a bridal show (which we got back after returning the tuxes after the wedding) and then our groomsmen got $25 off their tuxes plus Kris got a free one with 4 additional rentals. Since we had 6 other ones he got his free. Kris’ pants were a little short and they fixed them while we waited. Also, we picked up all the tuxes since most the guys weren’t arriving until Saturday. We decided if we had problems we would just come back later in the weekend. They also extended the rental period on all the tuxes until Wednesday (wedding was on Monday) so we could bring them all back after our Magic Kingdom shoot. :thumbsup2

Here are some shots of Kris and my dad at the store:
WeddingMarch32008WaltDisneyWorld412.jpg

WeddingMarch32008WaltDisneyWorld407.jpg

WeddingMarch32008WaltDisneyWorld413.jpg

WeddingMarch32008WaltDisneyWorld414.jpg

One of the ladies who was helping us at the shop told me that I did a great job on the tuxes. I told her that this was one thing that I let Kris make all the decisions on for the wedding! He did do a great job they were Ralph Lauren and looked really great on all the guys. Later that weekend when everyone tried theirs on the only problem we had was that my cousin’s pants were too short. We had him take off the suspenders and pull them down a little on his waist and the problem was solved. :cool1:

After this we set off to get back to Fort Wilderness for a 6:00 pm dinner with our guests that had arrived that day. Needless to say it was already 5:30 pm and we were about 25 minutes away from Disney!

Thankfully, we didn’t hit any traffic and we drove directly to the campground. The bad thing is that when you come by car you have to park up front by the stables. We then got on a bus to head to the back. We asked the driver if he was going to Pioneer Hall and he said yes. He failed to mention that he was not the express bus and that he was going to stop at every campsite area along the way. Note: there is a bus that goes straight to Pioneer Hall and we did not get on that one. We were on the bus by 6:05 pm, but didn’t get to Trails End Buffet until 6:30 pm. Thankfully, 6 of our other guests were just arriving at the same time as us. Most everyone had been at Magic Kingdom, so they just took the boat right over.

For those of you that have never been there the food is great and the price is even better. It’s not anything fancy, but is a great value compared to other places on property. Their cornbread is amazing! We like to go at breakfast too plus you get the 20% off with the Disney Dining Experience (unfortunately we didn’t get our card until the next day, so we missed out on the discount). It’s usually pretty easy to get in this restaurant too. Our friends Page and Amanda and my cousin’s family had arrived on time so they had to introduce themselves. They seemed to be enjoying themselves, so our failure as hosts wasn’t noticed!
WeddingMarch32008WaltDisneyWorld415.jpg

WeddingMarch32008WaltDisneyWorld417.jpg

After dinner our waitress came over to the table and called around the restaurant to get everyone’s attention. She said that we were going to be celebrating a special event on Monday and asked us to tell everyone what it was… after we answered she asked why she wasn’t invited!? Next she had everyone in the restaurant yell “Yeehaw” and asked us to practice our kiss. Kris at this point was bright red and extremely embarrassed. He is really outgoing, but doesn’t like to be the center of attention when it comes to certain things. He gave me a quick peck on the lips and then sat down. The waitress then said “This is how you’re supposed to do it” and grabbed my head putting her arm over my face making it look like she was kissing me. :laughing:

Everyone burst out laughing at this point. She then presented us with a certificate and gave us a bowl of strawberry shortcake (which was quite delicious!) I know some other people in our party took pictures, but I haven’t gotten those yet, so I’ll have to post them when I do get the pictures. My great aunt (who is almost 84) was sitting next to us and picked up the certificate. She told us that she would keep it safe for us and would bring it back to Michigan. We could come see her and then she would give it back to us. It was so sweet because this was her first day at Disney and she was already getting into everything. She took that certificate really seriously and talked about it several times throughout our trip.

After we finished dinner and headed out, Kris and I along with Page and Amanda took the rental car and headed over to the All Star Movies resort to drop off the Welcome Bags for his family (the only people staying at the value resort). As we were driving, Kris kept asking “where is this place?” I told him these resorts are pretty far out. Once we got there he was gripping about why his mom had stayed there. I told him she said that she was booking the cheapest place possible (it’s not that she couldn’t afford to stay at POR she was just opposed to spending any $ really at Disney.) He told me, “we’re never staying here; it’s just too far out.” I’ve stayed at the value resorts before and don’t mind them, but I definitely think they are oriented more towards families with little kids.

Page and Kris taking the bags inside:
WeddingMarch32008WaltDisneyWorld418.jpg

On our way over to All Stars, Kris got a call from his best man saying that he was in Atlanta on his layover. Kris thought he was joking since most of the groomsmen weren’t coming in until the next day (in fact they had all booked a room together for the weekend). Apparently, he wasn’t and he really was in Atlanta. How can you mix up your arrival date? :confused: After the Magical Express fiasco that morning with Kris’ early arrival we decided to have Kris drive to the airport later that night to pick him up. Kris was already sleeping on the trundle in the room with my parents and I, so Page and Amanda offered to let Jeff stay with them. They were definitely a lifesaver!

After dropping off the stuff, we then had just enough time to make it to Downtown Disney by 9 p.m. We were supposed to be meeting Kristen (Kristen14) a fellow Disbride :bride: whose home state is also Michigan and her husband Rob at Ghiradelli. They were in Orlando for the weekend to attend a baby shower for one of Kristen’s friends. We had also invited some members of our bridal party, but they didn’t end up making it.

Here is a picture of us with Kristen and Rob:
WeddingMarch32008WaltDisneyWorld419.jpg

We all had a great time and sat there talking for over an hour; the guys were huddling together and the 3 of us girls sat down at a table. While we were talking about the wedding, Amanda got a little emotional and said that she was so happy for Kris and I and was honored to be a part of the wedding. It was so nice to hear her say that and it made me get a little teary too. When her and Page got married they just did the courthouse thing and I think she regrets it. She was so excited to be a part of a real wedding and I’m glad she was able to be one of my bridesmaids.

During our conversation, Kristen shared some good advice about her actual wedding day. One important thing she said was that she wished she would have told Anna that she wanted her hairstyle different after it was done. I took this advice on the morning of my wedding. It was way too curly and wasn’t as smooth of a look that I had hoped for, so I asked her to redo it and fix it. I’m so glad I had Anna make the change! Hopefully, we’ll get to meet again on one of their trips up to visit Kristen’s family in Michigan.

Afterwards we all walked down to the Westside where Rob and Page checked out the cigar shop and Kris and I went to the Virgin store. At this point, Amanda looked like she was ready to fall asleep since they had left their house around 4 that morning to catch their flight. We went back to the hotel and then Kris and Page headed out to pick up Jeff at the airport. We finally fell into bed around 1 a.m.

I'm just catching up on your trip report and I'm so glad that you started it! LOVE your welcome bags! Probably the coolest that I've seen so far. Great start! can't wait to read more. By the way, LOVE your tink sweater :goodvibes

He told me, “we’re never staying here; it’s just too far out.” I’ve stayed at the value resorts before and don’t mind them, but I definitely think they are oriented more towards families with little kids.

That is HIGHlarious - if he thought the All-Stars were far, he shoulda seen the where my inlaws' condo was! It took them like 45 minutes to get to WDW. I wish they had only been in the boonies of the All-Stars...:rotfl:

Oh Sharring would be so nice..... My Email is ???????? Thanks! Your Trip Report sounds great! I want one of your bags! LOL I also can not wait to see :surfweb: your pictures!!!!!!!!

I'm just catching up on your trip report and I'm so glad that you started it! LOVE your welcome bags! Probably the coolest that I've seen so far. Great start! can't wait to read more. By the way, LOVE your tink sweater :goodvibes

Thank you, thank you! It was so much fun putting them together and our guests really appreciated them, so that made it all worth while.

My tink shirt really came in handy, my MOH did a great job at picking it out for me as a gift!

that's so cool that you and kris met kristen and rob! aren't they great!

They were a lot of fun! I forgot the two of you met up too after your weddings. On our last day we ran into two more Disney brides (on accident) so you’ll have to stay tuned. :surfweb:

That is HIGHlarious - if he thought the All-Stars were far, he shoulda seen the where my inlaws' condo was! It took them like 45 minutes to get to WDW. I wish they had only been in the boonies of the All-Stars...:rotfl:

My matron of honor and her husband stayed way off property too! They were staying with all of us for two nights prior to the wedding, but before that they were about that far away too. The funny thing was that after the wedding her husband booked rooms on the hotel plaza boulevard by DTD because he said he was tired of being “off base” :rotfl2: (he’s a National Guard Recruiter).

Oh Sharring would be so nice..... My Email is Thanks! Your Trip Report sounds great! I want one of your bags! LOL I also can not wait to see :surfweb: your pictures!!!!!!!!

Just sent you the email, so you can remove your address if you want.

I'm so glad I could be of help. I know I was grateful to the brides who shared the lists with me before my wedding too :goodvibes

Hi, I'm loving your trip report as much as your PJ! I can't believe the amount of thought and time you put in the welcome bags - they are brilliant.

Are you ok now after your accident? :hug:

Hi, I'm loving your trip report as much as your PJ! I can't believe the amount of thought and time you put in the welcome bags - they are brilliant.

Are you ok now after your accident? :hug:

Thank you for the compliment on the bags, it was so exciting to see everyone enjoying the things in them throughout the week!

I am way better than before, but I still have therapy 3 times per week :upsidedow I mainly have trouble with my pelvis staying in place which can cause some pain in my hips too, so if I do too much walking and/or sitting in place for a while it will slip out. The day of the wedding I was well stocked with muscle relaxers and pain pills!

Day 3 ~

One of the ladies from Carolyn Allen's arrived at 9:30 a.m. to finish the steaming on the dresses. I had shipped mine down in advance, so she just had to do my veil, one bridesmaid dress, and my grandma's dress. Here are some pictures when we shipped mine from Michigan:
TuxProgram034.jpg

TuxProgram041.jpg

While she was working on them, Amanda (one of my bridesmaids) offered to help put together the favor bags for our rehearsal dinner:
WeddingMarch32008WaltDisneyWorld420.jpg

After she was done with the steaming, Amanda and I drove my dad over to the Dolphin to pick up the second car for the guys to use to head out to the Detroit Tigers Spring Training game in Lakeland. (This was also something else that was done in the wee hours, I made the reservation the night before online in our room before going to be at around 1 a.m.) What I found out was that the car rental that was in my name could have Kris' name added for one day for only $10 which meant my dad didn't have to rent as big of a car.

When we got to the Alamo desk at the Dolphin the guy at the counter wasn't going to let me changeover Kris' name because he wasn't there (he sent me with his license because he stayed back at the hotel to some of the groomsmen to try on their tuxes). I again used the wedding as an excuse and said that I was almost his wife and that we needed to have this changed, etc., etc. The guy at the counter looked around and then slid the paper across the counter to me. He whispered for me to just sign Kris' name for him ;)

We then got the second vehicle and headed back to POR. On the way there, my dad was several vehicles in front of us and there was some problems with the traffic signals. Amanda and I got caught at the left-hand turn light (there was a cop right by us) which was not working at all. After 15 minutes we finally made it through the light. When we arrived back at POR, the guys were all lined up ready to head out to the game. For some reason I didn't get any pictures! Here are some pictures of the stadium that we took later in the week on our way to Tampa.
WeddingMarch32008WaltDisneyWorld057.jpg

WeddingMarch32008WaltDisneyWorld056.jpg

WeddingMarch32008WaltDisneyWorld061.jpg

After Amanda and I gave them the car we went to catch a bus to Magic Kingdom. After waiting for nearly 25 minutes we decided it was going to be a waste of time. It was already 12:30 p.m. and we wouldn't be able to do anything at the park. We just ran into the food court and grabbed a sandwich to split to tide us over until the tea. We then headed back to Amanda's room and got dressed for the tea. We all met up and took the bus to the Magic Kingdom and then headed over to the Grand Floridian on the monorail :cutie:

My mom and I found some hats at a great price, so we invited anyone who had a hat to bring one, as you'll see a lot of the ladies and girls did which made it a lot of fun!

Amanda, Marquitta (matron of honor) and I on the monorail:
WeddingMarch32008WaltDisneyWorld423.jpg

100_0503.jpg

Up next "the tea" and I need to upload the invitations that we made for them :ccat: ....

When we got to the Alamo desk at the Dolphin the guy at the counter wasn't going to let me changeover Kris' name because he wasn't there (he sent me with his license because he stayed back at the hotel to some of the groomsmen to try on their tuxes). I again used the wedding as an excuse and said that I was almost his wife and that we needed to have this changed, etc., etc. The guy at the counter looked around and then slid the paper across the counter to me. He whispered for me to just sign Kris' name for him ;)

In SoCal a few weeks ago, DBF got added as a second driver. The guy asked if we were married when I was picking up the car and we said yes and there was no extra charge. :laughing: Does California recognize common law marriage? (PA doesn't anymore:rolleyes1 )

In SoCal a few weeks ago, DBF got added as a second driver. The guy asked if we were married when I was picking up the car and we said yes and there was no extra charge. :laughing: Does California recognize common law marriage? (PA doesn't anymore:rolleyes1 )

You definitely lucked out; I don't get the rental car companies. It varies so much from company to company and state to state. :confused:

We used Avis. I had them when I was in Ireland and we had an accident there (nothing major). They let us switch me to the primary driver because at the time Mastercard was the only credit card with rental coverage and I had purchased the trip on the MC, my BF at the time had used his AmEx card, but it didn't cover rentals in Ireland. It saved us over $1k in repairs.

Magic Kingdom and Disney Hollywood Studios Shoot Pictures Are Up! :mickeyjum :figment: As a side note, the ones of me with the Wizard of Oz block are because I'm an avid Wizard of Oz collector (I'm a nerd and I know it ;) )

Let me know if you want the link to my MK and MGM shoot, just send me a PM.

your photos are great, you had so many in mk, how long were you there for??

Vanessa, I haven't commented on your TR yet, but I have to say wow, I love the pics from your park shoot. Just curious, how long did you get in MK, because you have so many wonderful spots in your photos! They're actually some of the prettiest MK photos I've seen yet!! And that DS pic of you two kissing on the road in front of TOT is just adorable!

Congrats, and can't wait to hear about the wedding day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter