VB vs HHI Resorts

walter

DIS Veteran
We just visited the VB resort for the first time in about 5 yrs & here are some observations:
Pros
The resort in itself is beautiful (was very busy)
The new access to the beach was well thoughout
Resort directly on the beach

Cons
Beach is on a severe angle, whereas HHI is much more level
VB has no shopping/restaurants nearby, whereas there are plenty of each at HHI.
Although the resort is not on the beach, the HHI resort is tastefully done on the marsh and the beach house w/pool is not far away.

If you are looking at being secluded and are fine with preparing your own meals or utilizing exclusively an on site resturant or nearby pizzeria than VB would be a good choice. Otherwise I think HHI is a better choice. VB would be a great place to stay for a couple of nights if wanting to get away from the "hustle & bussle" of WDW.

We really love both resorts and always have a hard time deciding which one to go to. We always have a car at both places so driving into VB proper is not really a big deal to us. In fact the last time we were at VB we decided that even though the distances to outside restaurants/shopping were further, it didn't take much longer to actually get there due to traffic at HH. When we're at HH, we might have one meal at Shelter Cove, but we tend to venture further out and traffic can be a real headache. Add to that the signage law and how difficult it is to find someplace you've never been and the time it takes to pass it by once or twice before we locate it - we think it all equals out pretty nicely. Like I said - we love both resorts and love to alternate our nonWDW trips between the two places.

The new access to the beach was well thoughout

Nature kind of decided that for them... Back when Hurricanes Jeanenne and Francis touched down in VB, the old boardwalk was wiped out and the beach erroded all the way back to the old firepit...

I agree with just about everything you said... Been to both resorts and love them both for different reasons... I love VB becauses of its relative seclusion and small beach...

The last few times we went to HHI, we found ourselves pretty much sticking to the resort and didn't venture too far off property...

We love Vero Beach :cloud9:

We are going to HHI this summer instead of VB. I am really concerned HHI may not have big enough waves though to satisfy my boogie boarding addiction. :guilty: We went to HHI once before 6 or 7 years ago and I can't remember what the waves were like.

I am sure we will have a wonderful time either way... I hope.

Of course we will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter