Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

I'm not vegetarian, but I often prefer not to eat meat. For example, at LTT, I simply like the Colony salad without the chicken better than with chicken, and I LOVE the vegetarian platter at Tangerine Cafe. I often want to ask to see the vegetarian menu, but then if I don't see anything I like there and end up ordering meat, what might the server think, so I don't. Do you think it would be odd to ask to see the vegetarian menu under these conditions, or do you agree that it might seem strange if I don't order a vegetarian offering?

I'm not vegetarian, but I often prefer not to eat meat. For example, at LTT, I simply like the Colony salad without the chicken better than with chicken, and I LOVE the vegetarian platter at Tangerine Cafe. I often want to ask to see the vegetarian menu, but then if I don't see anything I like there and end up ordering meat, what might the server think, so I don't. Do you think it would be odd to ask to see the vegetarian menu under these conditions, or do you agree that it might seem strange if I don't order a vegetarian offering?

No, I think it would be fine, you could always say you are flexitarian, but I don't think you need to explain. If I have them bring anything extra or go out of their way, then I just let my tip cover it, and then I don't think twice about it.

No, I think it would be fine, you could always say you are flexitarian, but I don't think you need to explain. If I have them bring anything extra or go out of their way, then I just let my tip cover it, and then I don't think twice about it.

"Flexitarian"-I love it!

Sorry if I missed this elsewhere, but does anyone know about additional vegetarian/vegan options at Artist Point? I’m dying to go to the Storybook Dining but my friend is a vegetarian as well as lactose intolerant so obviously this isn’t the best place for her to go, but my other friend dining with us and myself really don’t want to miss out. Do they have a separate menu or another option aside from the gnocchi? I don’t think she can justify spending 55+ dollars if not.

Sorry if I missed this elsewhere, but does anyone know about additional vegetarian/vegan options at Artist Point? I’m dying to go to the Storybook Dining but my friend is a vegetarian as well as lactose intolerant so obviously this isn’t the best place for her to go, but my other friend dining with us and myself really don’t want to miss out. Do they have a separate menu or another option aside from the gnocchi? I don’t think she can justify spending 55+ dollars if not.

On the Storybook Dining thread, there's a review by @reluctantredhead that describes the vegetarian offerings. She was given the soup minus the marshmallow wand, a mini impossible burger Patty, and a steam bun with a mushroom in it for appetizers. The gnocchi is the vegetarian entree, then she was given a modified vegetarian dessert platter as well. If you check out her review, she has a couple of pics. I can't link to it, but if you search her name and vegetarian, you should be able to find it. I'm sure they could accommodate dairy free as well.

My SIL is vegetarian and lactose intolerant. I love Brown Derby Lounge (margarita flight awesome) but don’t see anything she can eat. Will they let her order from restaurant menu? I saw a few appetizers she’d like. Ty

Does anyone know what the veggie alternative is at Hoop Dee Doo? I'd like to do it for the first time this year.

Does anyone know what the veggie alternative is at Hoop Dee Doo? I'd like to do it for the first time this year.

They have a separate vegetarian menu with 3 options. When the server first stops by your table, just let him/her know you'd like to see the vegetarian menu unless you already know what you want. 1) Grilled Vegetables, 2) Pasta (with butter, olive oil, or marinara), or 3) Pasta Primavera. All options are vegan except the Pasta with butter. I've had the Pasta Primavera and it was wagon wheel shaped pasta with marinara sauce and some veggies (I think it was squash, carrots, and red peppers). It was simple and plain, yet filling and reasonably good. You also get the standard sides that everyone gets at HDD, the mashed potatoes, corn, cornbread, salad, and strawberry shortcake.

They have a separate vegetarian menu with 3 options. When the server first stops by your table, just let him/her know you'd like to see the vegetarian menu unless you already know what you want. 1) Grilled Vegetables, 2) Pasta (with butter, olive oil, or marinara), or 3) Pasta Primavera. All options are vegan except the Pasta with butter. I've had the Pasta Primavera and it was wagon wheel shaped pasta with marinara sauce and some veggies (I think it was squash, carrots, and red peppers). It was simple and plain, yet filling and reasonably good. You also get the standard sides that everyone gets at HDD, the mashed potatoes, corn, cornbread, salad, and strawberry shortcake.
Thank you! :-)

This is an awesome post. Where is your favorite vegetarian options at Disney? My husband is Vegetarian, and he will find something to eat anywhere, but I would love to go to some places that are amazing for him :)

This is an awesome post. Where is your favorite vegetarian options at Disney? My husband is Vegetarian, and he will find something to eat anywhere, but I would love to go to some places that are amazing for him :)

My husband loved Morimoto, Sanaa and Coral Reef. We just went last week. He’s a vegetarian. He didn’t like Artist Point. He realized he doesn’t like gnocchi.

Satu'li Canteen in Pandora by far.

Just read some devastating news on the Disney Food Blog...Mr. Kamal's has replaced the falafel with "Chicken Dumplings". :scared1::sad: The falafel and the seasoned fries have been our go-to veg QS at AK for YEARS...and we look forward to them on every trip. In fact, we leave for a WDW trip 2 weeks from today and were just talking about Mr Kamal's the other day. Does anyone remember when Mr. Kamal's was the designated "allergy friendly" cart at AK? So sad that the falafel is not only gone from the menu, but that they have replaced it with something meat-centric.

Try emailing Disney with any menu questions you may have. We know we'll be dining almost entirely QS, because that's what works best for our family right now. So I emailed WDW because so many QS menus had a seemingly vegetarian friendly item paired with a Caesar salad, which is not veg. friendly. I wanted to know what, if any, substitutions would be available at QS locations. It took a few days, but I received a phone call from a very nice woman at Disney who had not only researched the salad situation for me (She said that a regular house salad would be available at any QS location for use to ask for in place of the Caesar salad. yay!!) but who also took the time to look up some options for use at several other QS locations across WDW. :) <3

We knew from previous experience that sit-down restaurants are great about helping you to customize your meal to your dietary needs, but it was a relief to hear that we could actually have some substitutions made at QS locations as well. :)

Just read some devastating news on the Disney Food Blog...Mr. Kamal's has replaced the falafel with "Chicken Dumplings". :scared1::sad: The falafel and the seasoned fries have been our go-to veg QS at AK for YEARS...and we look forward to them on every trip. In fact, we leave for a WDW trip 2 weeks from today and were just talking about Mr Kamal's the other day. Does anyone remember when Mr. Kamal's was the designated "allergy friendly" cart at AK? So sad that the falafel is not only gone from the menu, but that they have replaced it with something meat-centric.

What?! Why in the world would they do that?!

I had the grilled vegetables, and I thought they were delicious. I remember a big portobello mushroom, potatoes, onions, zucchini, summer squash, and maybe some kind of pepper? They had a nice, smoky flavor and were just the right balance of firm and tender.

I had the grilled vegetables, and I thought they were delicious. I remember a big portobello mushroom, potatoes, onions, zucchini, summer squash, and maybe some kind of pepper? They had a nice, smoky flavor and were just the right balance of firm and tender.

Did they put any kind of sauce/drizzle on them? I was served something similar at Trail's End (prepared by the chef), but it had balsamic vinaigrette on it, which kinda ruined it for me.

Did they put any kind of sauce/drizzle on them? I was served something similar at Trail's End (prepared by the chef), but it had balsamic vinaigrette on it, which kinda ruined it for me.

If they did, then they must have used it very sparingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts