Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

I like having vegetarian and vegan together. I’m vegetarian but often eat vegan too. A lot of the new plant based dishes are vegan and I wouldn’t want to miss that discussion. And this thread isn’t super active. I’m worried that if we split it up there would be less activity on both threads.

I think the last two lines (That I bolded and underlined when I quoted them here. They were not bold or underlined originally.) are quite valid concerns.
Plus, as a household that has both vegetarians and vegans, it's also a personal plus for me to find all of that info in the same thread. Not to mention that Disney seems to be lumping us all together these days, anyway. ;)

Been looking at some menus to make sure I have ideas in each park and disheartened by the rash of Impossible Burgers/sausages everywhere.
I hear you. Even as a little kid, when I did eat meat, I didn't like sausage type meats, so the bratwursts and sausages everywhere are not something that I personally like.

I'd love to see Disney offer more meals that are vegan by nature--no need to use "fake" versions of anything to make them that way. More grain or tofu driven dishes or bowls, for example. :)

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know whether the hashbrown casserole at Akershus is vegetarian?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know whether the hashbrown casserole at Akershus is vegetarian?

If you're referring to the potato casserole, it is vegetarian. I always worry that they're slipping in some bacon or chicken broth or something but I got the actual recipe and it has no meat. It's not vegan, but def vegetarian. It's delicious, btw. And the princesses are so precious at that breakfast. Have fun!princess:

If you're referring to the potato casserole, it is vegetarian. I always worry that they're slipping in some bacon or chicken broth or something but I got the actual recipe and it has no meat. It's not vegan, but def vegetarian. It's delicious, btw. And the princesses are so precious at that breakfast. Have fun!princess:
Thank you :-) .

Thank you so much for this! I came to this thread specifically hoping someone had info on the new skillet.
*These are not my pics and I have not eaten there since the new skillet became available. I'm just sharing info.

To start, they bring our allergy rolls and vegan butter. For apps, they provide crispy chips and hummus/babagannoush dip. Then the skillet includes noodles, veggies, gardein "chicken," beyond "sausage," and jackfruit. For dessert, they offer a donut with vegan ice cream and chocolate sauce.

View attachment 464733View attachment 464734View attachment 464735View attachment 464736

Hello my daughters and I are going to Magic kingdom on Friday and my 12 year old is vegetarian,
I have a two questions...
has anyone had the plant based sloppy Joe's at Cosmic Ray's and has anyone had the Sausage Dog plant based sausage at Casey's Corner if so would love to hear if you think a 12 year old vegetarian girl would approve :-)

Hello my daughters and I are going to Magic kingdom on Friday and my 12 year old is vegetarian,
has anyone had the plant based sloppy Joe's at Cosmic Ray's and has anyone had the Sausage Dog plant based sausage at Casey's Corner if so would love to hear if you think a 12 year old vegetarian girl would approve :-)
Read some reviews that were not happy with the Sloppy Joe's... read good things about some menu items at Pecos Bill's. Here's a good vegan site if you want to read their reviews; https://vegandisneyworld.com/

Hey everyone! I was wondering if I could get some people to weigh in here. I'm a vegetarian who HATES eggs. I have breakfast booked at Cinderella's Royal Table. I'm going for my nieces, but I don't want to walk away from $75 USD a plate hungry. I'm thinking I could order the avocado toast without the plant based eggs, but I'm wondering if it would be very big/filling - I'm a big eater. Or maybe I should just order off the kids menu. Can you do that at CRT? If anyone could weigh in here, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Checking to see if it's possible to get the Plant Based Skillet for lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I see it's on the dinner menu, but not the lunch. Has anyone tried to get it?

Checking to see if it's possible to get the Plant Based Skillet for lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I see it's on the dinner menu, but not the lunch. Has anyone tried to get it?
They had it for lunch in December not on the online menu but on the one in the restaurant

strong recommendation

Hope this reaches you in time...
The slaw dog at Casey's is outstanding! We've even made our own version at home a few times and got it pretty darn close!

ENJOY!

from my personal experience the sloppy joe from Cosmic Ray’s was not all that great. Mine was cold and had very little flavor. Now the slaw dog from Casey’s....oh my goodness!!!! It’s delicious! I get it every time I walk into MK. That is a definite for her, but I’d say skip the sloppy joe. You could definitely get a better plant based meal at Pecos Bill.

My daughter is vegan. We have the dining plan and making sure the TS reservations have at least one vegan entree. Do they also have desserts designated vegan? At buffets will we know?

My daughter is vegan. We have the dining plan and making sure the TS reservations have at least one vegan entree. Do they also have desserts designated vegan? At buffets will we know?
As of oct 1 all TS were supposed to have at least one plant based (vegan) app, entree ,dessert

I think a lot of the buffets are adding the plant-based leaf symbol to the appropriate items at the buffet (on the tag by the food that says what it is). If you're not seeing a lot of options or have questions, definitely ask to speak to a chef. They can walk you around the buffet and explain the options and/or might have vegan options they can prepare. Trail's End for instance has a separate vegan meal not on the buffet that the chef can prepare for vegans.

There *should* be some sort of vegan dessert at all TS restaurants. It used to be just sorbet or vegan ice cream, but many are adding a fancier vegan dessert to their menus. Be our Guest for instance has a vegan cake with lemon curd at dinner, Liberty Tree has an apple cake, Skippers has a Panna Cotta, and there are many others as well.

Hi all, is there a handout or map at the parks that highlight vegan and vegetarian options? My brother is going in a few weeks and has recently gone vegan.

Hi all, is there a handout or map at the parks that highlight vegan and vegetarian options? My brother is going in a few weeks and has recently gone vegan.

There's one for MK that has been out for a couple of months, but I don't think the other parks have them yet. I will caution that it isn't up to date with everything as offerings do tend to change, and it doesn't list every available vegan offering in the park. There are two sites that offer lists for all of the parks of vegan offerings as well as reviews and pics of many of them:

www.vegandisneyworld.com
www.vegandisneyfood.com

Remember though that options can change at any time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts