Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

There's one for MK that has been out for a couple of months, but I don't think the other parks have them yet. I will caution that it isn't up to date with everything as offerings do tend to change, and it doesn't list every available vegan offering in the park. There are two sites that offer lists for all of the parks of vegan offerings as well as reviews and pics of many of them:

www.vegandisneyworld.com
www.vegandisneyfood.com

Remember though that options can change at any time.

thank you!

Why can't I get a veggie burger (Dr. Praeger's, etc) at WDW anymore? A true sandwich made of vegetables

Agreed.

I so miss the Malibu burgers Disney had not even 10 years ago...

My biggest issue with the non-veggie fake meat is that I’ve been veggie for so long that I truly can’t tell anymore on my own whether or not these ‘meats’ are actually fake. I live in mild dread of someone ‘messing up’ and giving me actual meat instead. At least with actual veggie patties you can easily tell the difference!

Yep.

Though I will say that I figured it out inside of two bites when I ate my cousins chicken wing rather than my gardein wings from
Yardhouse. We’d gotten them to go, and it turned out that she had eaten mine (not knowing that the flag in the dish meant gardein), and a day later I went to eat mine. (Since she cannot have soy due to thyroid issues, I felt more horrible about what she ate than what I accidentally ate!) Chicken has a “grain” to it (muscle fibers) that the fake stuff doesn’t.

I’ve had two impossible burgers on the trip I’m currently on, and they are simply gross. I won’t even let my kid cook Beyond products because they stink so badly.

And I actually like some fake meat products, like gardein! But not those two newcomers.

My son, for instance, doesn't eat lard or gelatin, but does eat eggs & milk, so he knows there are a lot more sweet desserts and treats that he can eat than the for the vegans in our household, but he has to ask about every darn thing

Always assume a cupcake at Disney has gelatin. The whipped cream doesn’t stand up like that without stabilizing help, and every time I’ve checked ingredients, that agent is gelatin.

As an ovo lacto vegetarian, I feel so left behind by this “plant based” nonsense. And I feel that plant BASED indicates that it might be based on plants but then they might do ad anything else to it. It rankles me.

I know Ohana has a vegan skillet with plant based sausage. Just wondering if anyone has been able to get them to substitute the pork products on the regular skillet for the vegan sausage?

I know Ohana has a vegan skillet with plant based sausage. Just wondering if anyone has been able to get them to substitute the pork products on the regular skillet for the vegan sausage?

I'm sure if you didn't want the entire vegan breakfast and just the vegan sausage they would gladly bring it out without any issue. When I go in May i was planning on asking if they would do this!

Does anyone have a favorite weekend brunch place on WDW property that has yummy vegan options? we have a vegan, a vegetarian, and a few omnivores in our party... My understanding is breakfast foods can be more challenging for vegans. Thanks so much!

Many choices--lots of them not on the menu--at Grand Floridian Cafe, which serves something akin to brunch all the time. Not sure if they have a specific weekend brunch. But you can get vegan Mickey waffles there and they'll make the miso salmon with tofu instead, which is delish. Also, they'll prepare a vegan salad, and they usually have Tofutti or Rice Dream as well. Do I wish I were there right now? Yes! I do!

Does anyone have a favorite weekend brunch place on WDW property that has yummy vegan options? we have a vegan, a vegetarian, and a few omnivores in our party... My understanding is breakfast foods can be more challenging for vegans. Thanks so much!

Now that disney rolled out their plant based menus you can literally eat anywhere! Our FAV vegan breakfast/brunch is Garden Grill and Ohana (BOTH are a character meals - family style, all you can eat!) and both have vegan meats, eggs and unique items. The Garden Grill has pull apart cinabons and Ohana has AMAZING breakfast potatoes and vegan sausage!!!!

You can't go wrong with either. My hubby and I don't have kids and we still do the character dining.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but I have had a great deal of success in the past with Sunshine Seasons at EPCOT. They often have fake meat substitutes that I find to be quite tasty!

Hello! I became a vegan shortly after the shutdown so haven’t navigated Disney yet as a vegan. Food seems to be clearly labeled as vegan but not the drinks. Are the drinks vegan, barring some obvious animal ingredient like the half and half in the Skyhopper at Oga’s? Or is it safer to just ask every time? I did find info that all but two of the drinks at Oga’s are vegan, and so is LeFous brew (currently). Are Erin McKenna items available anywhere but Disney Springs? The website lists several places but the AK location listed is just a normal food stand now (and it’s been renamed).

Has anyone recently had a vegan character dining experience? I've seen some of the blogs around and the Be Our Guest experience looked particularly underwhelming, which is one I was considering. I certainly won't be paying £60+ for salad, pasta broth & a piece of cake (I considered it for a vegan creme brûlée but I can't see it on the menu).

I've spotted some casual vegan breakfasts in character buffets that look like a decent compromise and easier to stick within a budget, if that's the plan.

I'm really just curious how others have managed, though I appreciate since March these experiences haven't been the same with many having to be cancelled for safety reasons.

Has anyone recently had a vegan character dining experience? I've seen some of the blogs around and the Be Our Guest experience looked particularly underwhelming, which is one I was considering. I certainly won't be paying £60+ for salad, pasta broth & a piece of cake (I considered it for a vegan creme brûlée but I can't see it on the menu).

I've spotted some casual vegan breakfasts in character buffets that look like a decent compromise and easier to stick within a budget, if that's the plan.

I'm really just curious how others have managed, though I appreciate since March these experiences haven't been the same with many having to be cancelled for safety reasons.

Garden Grill is really good. We did it last year a couple of times and may go again in a couple of weeks if we can squeeze it in. Ohana is very accommodating (I don’t thing it’s open yet), but the past few visits, the service has been awful.....so we’re taking an extended break on it.

We have reservations for Topolino breakfast so I’ll be able to report back on it in a couple of weeks.

Our favorite lunch/dinner is Whispering Canyon Cafe, however it’s not a character meal.

Garden Grill is really good. We did it last year a couple of times and may go again in a couple of weeks if we can squeeze it in. Ohana is very accommodating (I don’t thing it’s open yet), but the past few visits, the service has been awful.....so we’re taking an extended break on it.

We have reservations for Topolino breakfast so I’ll be able to report back on it in a couple of weeks.

Our favorite lunch/dinner is Whispering Canyon Cafe, however it’s not a character meal.
FWIW while Garden Grill has socially distant characters with Epcot open at 11 it doesn't serve breakfast at the moment

Thanks guys! Not going until 2021 so hopefully schedules will look a little better. Who knows, maybe even the offerings will improve?

Assuming things are back to normal by the time of your trip, we always enjoy Tusker House at DAK. In fact, it's our traditional getaway-day meal. Great character interaction and terrific vegan selections. We do lunch at Tusker House, but I gather the breakfast is also excellent.

Assuming things are back to normal by the time of your trip, we always enjoy Tusker House at DAK. In fact, it's our traditional getaway-day meal. Great character interaction and terrific vegan selections. We do lunch at Tusker House, but I gather the breakfast is also excellent.
They don't have anything labelled on the menu but it's easy to spot a bunch of items that could be made vegan. Thanks!

They don't have anything labelled on the menu but it's easy to spot a bunch of items that could be made vegan. Thanks!
You can ask and someone will take you through the buffet and point out everything that's vegan.--and there's a lot that is vegan. Also, if you want cookies for dessert instead of fruit, you can ask your waiter and they'll bring you an assortment of cookies.

The character interaction at Tusker (assuming they're open and covid is a distant memory!) is really fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!