Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

Somehow I managed to snag 1st in my age group!

I love this ... it's like it was totally out of the blue. I think it happened because you're an awesome speed demon!
Congrats on an another awesome race! (And congrats to your friend on an awesome post-baby 10K debut!)

Great job on your race. Congrats on your 1st place finish for you AG!

thank you so much! excited to follow along on your new plan!

Way to go girl!

thanks!!

Always snagging those age group awards right up! Go girl!

LOL, thank you!!

I love this ... it's like it was totally out of the blue. I think it happened because you're an awesome speed demon!
Congrats on an another awesome race! (And congrats to your friend on an awesome post-baby 10K debut!)

HAHAHA, thanks! I honestly didn't expect it, but was so excited when I realized I had done it. Now if I could get one in a larger race, I'd be so happy!

I was so excited for her too, she's my hero!

Just getting caught up. First in your AG?! How awesome! Also, Barkley is getting big, fast... he's totally adorable.

Thank you so much! I think he is too, but I am biased. He is growing up way too fast though...it is beginning to get hard for me to carry him/pick him up!

Still here...and running!

Hey, y'all! I am still here...work and life has been crazy but I am still getting runs in. After Run Across Georgia this weekend my life should calm down a little. My right hip flexor has been bugging my the last few days, so a lot of my speed workouts have been changed to easy runs and some runs have been shortened. It's probably all in my head, and we will find out for sure this weekend!

My team heads for Savannah Friday at noon and our first runner starts at 4AM on Saturday. We should be getting back to Columbus on Sunday afternoon around 4:30. The weather is looking less than good, LOL. Rain is forecast all weekend, so I'm packing lots of socks and shoes! Our team reached our fundraising goal and our only goal for the weekend is to finish and have fun. Thoughts and prayers for a safe journey and decent weather would be much appreciated.

IMG_5695.jpg IMG_5793.jpg

PS. We have a swimmer now!

Good luck. The weather is kind of crap for the weekend. I am interested in maybe doing this sometime. it sounds kind of neat. Love the puppy pics, he is adorable.

Good luck. The weather is kind of crap for the weekend. I am interested in maybe doing this sometime. it sounds kind of neat. Love the puppy pics, he is adorable.

It will be an adventure for sure! 260 miles in a tropical storm will make a great story. LOL. It is an amazing experience, I loved it last year!

Safe race to you and your team! I hope your hip works itself out! Cute swimmer!

thank you so much!

I hope all goes well for you guys this weekend!

thank you, Sarah!!

If anyone cares to track our progress over the weekend, we are News Flash and you can track us here http://www.runacrossgeorgia.com/. I'll also be really active on Instagram! Have a great weekend y'all!

Edited to add: the ones already on that site with check marks are running all 260 miles by themselves or with a two-person relay team. SO AMAZING!

Last edited:
Run Across Georgia Recap: 260 miles, 12 runners, 4 alternates, 3 support crew members, 4 hours of sleep, 3 cars, 1 RV, and 2 amazing causes!

Our journey to Savannah started on Friday at noon when we all met, loaded up our RV/support vehicles, ate lunch and started the 4.5 hour drive. Here's our final team picture before we all got sweaty and stinky.
rag9.jpg

We had 12 runners along with 4 alternates who would help driving support vehicles and running with the ladies during night runs. My friend Dana was an alternate but decided to run every leg that I ran to get the full experience. We also had 3 support crew members (one was my husband in the blue shirt) who would set up the RV, drive runners to their legs and provide any other needed support (like dumping the RV :eek:).

We arrived in Savannah around 6 and checked in before heading to Olive Garden for dinner (can you say carb loading?!). Once we got done eating we headed back to an elementary school next to the start line to try and get some sleep. Of course we didn't all fit in the RV, so 6 lucky individuals got to sleep in it while the rest of us slept on makeshift beds, cots and in cars. I got a whopping 45 minutes of sleep before it was time to head to the start line at 4 AM.

I was runner 12 which meant my first run wasn't until around 11AM Saturday. I was able to rest a little between when the first runner started and my run, but I would not call it sleep. My first two runs were on Saturday.

Leg 1: 7.8 miles @ 9:31 pace, this leg was extremely hot with hardly any cloud cover or shade. I was glad to get it done since it was my longest run of the weekend! I was able to pass two other runners, getting two "kills", on this run.

Leg 2: 6.8 miles @ 9:01 pace, this leg was done near sunset and was overall good minus the rolling hills. I got another "kill" on this run.
rag10.jpg

Throughout the run, the RV moves ahead of the runners about 50 miles to allow the others to sleep. This time we actually got to shower, using our redneck shower! LOL. I was able to get a little sleep (about 3 hours) on Saturday night in the loft above the driver's seat of the RV. Thank goodness we had that thing because I am not sure I could have handled sleeping on that plastic cot again.
rag8.jpg

Leg 3: 2.9 miles @ 8:08 pace, done as the sun came up and probably my favorite run of the entire weekend. Look at that gorgeous sunrise!
rag7.jpg

Leg 4: 4.2 miles @ 9:16 pace, this run was done during the heat of the day on Sunday again on a major four lane that runs through Fort Benning. Nerve wracking to say the least, which is why my pace was probably a bit faster than necessary in that heat.

Leg 5: 2.7 miles @ ???? pace (team run), I was the only girl from our team who chose to run the final leg, but I figured if I had run this far what was another 2.7 miles?? LOL.
rag2.jpg
rag1.jpg

This run is always such an adventure and shows you that you can do hard things. I love being a part of it and I am so heartbroken that this is the last year they are having it. I participated last year as well, but this year was such a better experience. We got so lucky with the weather and had no issues with rain that we were all expecting. The run benefits two amazing organizations and our team was able to raise over $8,000. Now it's time to get back to our regularly scheduled training and training journal, but first a few more pictures!
rag5.jpg rag4.jpg rag6.jpg rag3.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I'm so late reading your complete recap (but I did follow along on insta)!

I think this is such a cool event, but I am tired just reading how little sleep you got! I could see how the morning run was your favorite, that sunrise is beautiful!

Congrats again!! And $8K is so impressive- way to go to your team!

Sorry I'm so late reading your complete recap (but I did follow along on insta)!

I think this is such a cool event, but I am tired just reading how little sleep you got! I could see how the morning run was your favorite, that sunrise is beautiful!

Congrats again!! And $8K is so impressive- way to go to your team!

No worries! I am struggling to keep this journal updated anyway. LOL.

It really is an amazing event, they have raised over $1 million for House of Heroes in the ten years they have had the run. The lack of sleep is challenging, but adrenaline just kicks in to get you through it. Thanks so much!

Since you are the in house Zensah sock expert, tell me what you think about them! I use feetures for my short socks and ProCompression for my tall socks. I love the Zensah designs so much, but I don't know how I feel about the mid length! Do they stay up? I would just get the sleeves but they cost more, hahaha. Anyway, did you see the Flamingo ones they just released???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!