Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

I know what you are talking about and that would be perfect. The one that clips on. I don’t like running with my headlamp but when it’s dark, it’s dark. Normally I only need it for shorter weekday runs so I did not want it for two hours. BUT, I was a bit scared I was going to trip on something the last mile. It was dark. The clip on would be fine.

I know what you are talking about and that would be perfect. The one that clips on. I don’t like running with my headlamp but when it’s dark, it’s dark. Normally I only need it for shorter weekday runs so I did not want it for two hours. BUT, I was a bit scared I was going to trip on something the last mile. It was dark. The clip on would be fine.

Perfect, I'll plan on that then. Thank you!

Weekly update will be postponed until next week and y'all will just get two weeks' worth because I've been in all day training the last two days, and I leave for DISNEY this afternoon! :cool1: Hoping to still get some runs in while we are there, but we all know the chances of that happening are low. LOL. Have a great week, everyone!

Weekly update will be postponed until next week and y'all will just get two weeks' worth because I've been in all day training the last two days, and I leave for DISNEY this afternoon! :cool1: Hoping to still get some runs in while we are there, but we all know the chances of that happening are low. LOL. Have a great week, everyone!
YAY!!!! Have the BEST time and post LOTS of pics on instagram please!!!

I haven't forgotten y'all or my updates. Life has been crazy since getting back from Disney and I am currently on the mend from sinus infection #3 of the year. My doctor has recommended a CT of my sinuses since my allergy tests all came back negative. Fun times! I promise to come back for an update soon though! :love:

2730984.jpg

This training journal thing was going so well, and then life got in the way. I think I am back for good now, but cannot make any promises. LOL.

I'm not going to even try to give details of every run since my last update, but I did manage to run 156 miles in June and completed half marathon number 7 of 2018 this past weekend! My parents and I went to Disney from June 22-25 and had a great time. It was the first time in a few years that my dad has gone with us and we were happy to have him back with us (my husband says he won't go to Disney until we have a kid, what a party pooper). Here are a few pics from our trip!
IMG_6860.jpg
IMG_6892.jpg

This past weekend I ran the Burn Your Half Off half marathon in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The weather was perfect, but this was my slowest half marathon ever (including Disney half marathons with stops). To say I was disappointed is an understatement, but I'm currently on my third sinus infection of the year and just could not make it more than a mile without having to stop and cough or blow my nose. Luckily the course had four bathrooms (real bathrooms!) because it was in a park so that was extremely convenient! If I didn't have the goal to run 12 half marathons this year and had not signed up with my friends, I probably would not have even bothered to drive to Chattanooga and attempt this race. I am glad I got it done, but plan to take a few more easy days until this sickness is totally gone.
IMG_7085.jpg IMG_7078.jpg IMG_7074.jpg

And finally, the most important update, BARKLEY IS HOME from his one month obedience training! He is so much calmer and more well behaved. We continue going once per week over the next few weeks and I have to practice with him daily. He's grown so much!
IMG_7134.jpg

That's all for now and major kudos if you've read this far. LOL. Our updates will return to their regularly scheduled running updates next week.

Upcoming Training Schedule:
M- 6 miles @ EA (10:12)
Tu- Tentative based on cough...2 miles @ WU + 9x3 min @ I (7:15) w/3 min RI + 1 mile CD
W- Rest Day!
Th- 2 mile WU + 2.5 miles @ T (7:54) w/3 min rest + 4x200 @ R (6:50) + 1.5 miles @ T + 1 mile CD
F- 6 miles @ EA
Sa- 6 miles @ EB (9:31) + Strides

Su- 6 miles @ Long Run (9:10)
M- 6 miles @ EA
Tu- 2 mile WU + 5x4 min @ I w/4 min RI + 5x3min @ I w/3 min RI + 1 mile CD

I say skip the Tuesday hard workout and move it to the next week Tuesday (replacement). Give yourself a break and rest up. Don't want to try and burn the candle from both ends.

Wow, I'm super impressed that you finished a half with a sinus infection. That sounds like misery. You are a serious badass!

Also ... hi Barkley!

Wow, I'm super impressed that you finished a half with a sinus infection. That sounds like misery. You are a serious badass!

Also ... hi Barkley!

Misery is a great way to describe it. I will never do that again. LOL, thanks! Not sure I'd consider myself a badass, but I appreciate it!

He says hi!!!

My head hurts just thinking about running with a sinus infection!

Barkley got so big!

Luckily I don't get sinus headaches, but I struggle to breathe without coughing and sniffling. LOL.

I know! It makes me a little sad.

upload_2018-7-17_21-18-6.png

So these beauties are back in stock...but they are already sold out in an 8.5 which is the size I wear in running shoes. An 8 and a 9 are available, but I'm afraid to get either. There's really no point in this post, other than to let y'all see how my mind works and that I cannot make a decision to save my life sometimes.

View attachment 337666

So these beauties are back in stock...but they are already sold out in an 8.5 which is the size I wear in running shoes. An 8 and a 9 are available, but I'm afraid to get either. There's really no point in this post, other than to let y'all see how my mind works and that I cannot make a decision to save my life sometimes.
Omg I loooooove these!!! I need them! I’m an 8.5 too....wah

View attachment 337666

I do not need another pair of shoes. I do not need another pair of shoes. I type this as I stare at the pair of Ghosts and three pairs of Knockarounds that got delivered this week.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!