Vero Beach-Beach Cottage

Luv2trav

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Does anyone have pics or can you tell me how the sleeping arrangements are in a Beach Cottage? We loved Vero and would love to stay in one of these someday. How many bathrooms? bedrooms?

I love love the Beach Cottage!!! We stayed there this past Thanksgiving. You walk in down stairs. There is a master bedroom with a king bed and a whirlpool bath and shower. There are also 2 other bedrooms with 2 queens (they could have doubles). Each bedroom had its own bathroom. When you go upstairs its basically 1 big room that has the kitchen, dining area and pull out sofa. Of course there is also the balconies that have the incredible ocean views. I will try to post pictures but I am computer challenged!!!:surfweb:

They are "Grand Villas" so they sleep 12. To take advantage of the oceanviews, the living area -- kitchen/living room are on the upper floor. Downstairs is the bedrooms.

Master suite with king bed and bathroom (with jacuzzi)
2 add'l bedrooms with 2 queen beds in each -- each has it's own bathroom
Pullout queen sofa in the living room (this would be upstairs)

So, 3 bathrooms on the lower level. I don't think there's a bathroom upstairs.
Sq. footage is given as 2,125

They are lovely.

Just wanted to add that you can see some pics here :

This link has the most pictures I've seen of the cottages. Hope it helps.
http://www.mouseplanet.com/sue_holland/cottage.htm

f1e235db.jpg

f1e235b8.jpg

Does anyone have pics or can you tell me how the sleeping arrangements are in a Beach Cottage? We loved Vero and would love to stay in one of these someday. How many bathrooms? bedrooms?

I have stayed in the Beach Cottages 2 times and we are staying again this Feb 08. The BC's are wonderfull. The back deck's are 20 ft from the sand and you fell as if you are falling into the ocean. My olnly complaint is taht the ocean (waves) are too loud! :rotfl2:

Sleep 12 comfortably. Three rooms downstairs each with their own bathroom. There is also a seperate laundry room downstairs as well which is very spacious. The enitire upstairs is an open format that includes dinning room, Ktichen and Living room.

Just send me a note and I will give you more info if you would like.

:cool1:

These just might be the best villas in all of DVC! They're big, bright, stand-alone units right on the beach with a balcony on both the front & back. What's not to like? The only negative that I've ever felt was that there are no washrooms upstairs, so you have to make your way downstairs when you're out on the balcony having cocktails in the evening overlooking the ocean (seems like a small negative when you actually put it in print, doesn't it?)

Enjoy!

While I agree it's a small complaint, it is a little surprising that they don't have at least a powder room on the upper level -- especially since it is an area where people would sleep. Maybe the cost of 2nd floor plumbing was prohibitive? We can live without it but with such luxury in the cottage it is a little unexpected.

We will be staying in one next April.

Anyone have a favorite (or least favorite) BC?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter