Vero Beach Hurricane Damage

My guess is yes. I'm still unable to reach friends who live in Vero, inland about a mile. The one person I know who I was able to reach who lives in the area says Wilma was worse than Jeanne!

Anne

I called this morning to make PS's for Thanksgiving and they said they were without power.

The CM said they were taking care of the guests but not allowing anyone to check in.

I have not heard anything this evening.

We are in Sebastian, North of the resort, and we have power (I can't believe it because we usually lose it in a thunderstorm.)

There are many areas in Vero without power.

I might be down that way tomorrow and I'll take a look at the resort from the road.

There were reports that a tornado touced down on Wabasso Beach just
North of the resort on Monday morning.

Hope this helps. :sunny:

floridafam,
What is the Palm Bay area like? Our son may have a chance of relocating there in the future.

Just checking to see if FloridaFam found anything out about the resort. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything is ok :earsgirl:

I also want to know how Vero held up. I just closed on 150 pts so I guess I know where my fees are going!!!

I didn't get a chance to drive by there today.

I may tomorrow but DD is teething so we probably will stay home all day-the older children don't have school.

We went there for dinner.

The outer room of Shutters is damaged again.

Everything else looked pretty good.

Thanks for the report. Does everything else look OK?

I hope your life has returned to 'normal' (if there is such a thing!) after the hurricane.

Everything else did look pretty good.

We are pretty much back to normal. School started again on Friday and we have to get new flooring but we were planning on that anyway.

Thanks for your well wishes.

:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter