Vero Beach in March 2006

markncheryl

Just Joined
We are very new members, still waiting on our 15 days but are thinking about planning our first trip to Vero Beach. We just did a WDW trip this past June so a change of pace sounds nice. Is late March too early to enjoy the beach or should it be warm enough. Maybe with some luck we can catch a couple of spring baseball games as well. Any other tips would be great since we have never been to any DVC resort but have read lots of the threads on the board.

Thanks
Mark and Cheryl

Welcome Home!!

We just made our first non WDW reservations for Vero Beach for the same time! We're doing the BWV from March 23-26 and Vero from March 26-April 1st.

We're really looking forward to the beach - hopefully someone will jump in to answer your questions and I can come along for the ride!

Weather is beautiful in late March. Temps around 80. It is dry season so there will be minimal rains or storms. No humidity. Ocean temps will be mid to upper 70's. This is the best time of year to be in south Florida.

Well we booked it, we see you there our plans are for the last week of March. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun. We couldn't get a 2 bedroom villa but got a 2 bedroom "lockout" any one know what this is I don't see it on any of the floor plans. It sounded nice over the phone just didn't see any details.

Thanks
Mark

We're going for our first trip to VB March 26th to 29th (then hopefully going across the state to visit family on the Gulf coast). So, I too will be reading any information anyone has! We're used to Florida weather in late March, but water temp is what we're wondering about. Does anyone know if they have any type of surfing lessons available, and would it be too cold? (DD really wants to try to surf). Thanks everyone! :wave:

We were in VB in March 2004. We arrived on a Sunday and there were lots of ocean swimmers, the ocean was a lovely color and all seemed fine. I was too tired to go in the surf and figured we'd have all week. Well, that Sunday was the only day swimming was possible. Some sort of offshore storm affected all of the area, even down to the keys where we went for Thursday-Sunday.

There were drownings along the Florida coast that week due to rip tides.

I think that nice weather, good surf is possible, but be sure to take advantage when it's nice!

Bobbi :flower:

We went March5 for 4 days and the weather was awful. Rained 2 of them, ocean was too cold, pool was crowded. What a difference a few weeks makes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter