Vero Beach Potential Stay?

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
We are looking at using points to stay at Vero Beach. We would go for 5 - 7 nights, depending on what we would do in the area.

We love the ocean/beach. We really enjoy just sitting there, watching the water and taking it all in. If we were in a covered cabana, we would probably nap there to the sound of the waves.

What is there to do in the area, within a 1 - 1.5 hour driving distance max. Wife tends to get car sick, so I need to make sure she is up for the adventure.

How is the ocean there? Is it murky or is the water pretty? As it is on the coastline of FL, I am guessing it is not beautiful water.

Vero Beach is a quaint resort, pretty but definitely quiet. I think the beach itself is one of the better ones on the east coast of Florida. There's not much going on in the surrounding area.. the Disney resort is hardly even in Vero Beach, the town is a 15-20 minute drive away.

If you just want a few days of quiet I think it's worthwhile checking it out. I will say though the point costs aren't exactly low during desirable times. Most of March and April for example an ocean view inn room is 31 points a night on the weekend.

Since you can easily rent your points through David's or similar for $14/ point, that means you're basically paying a value of $434 a night. You can stay at a far more luxurious beach resort in more desirable locations (Miami Beach, St Pete/Clearwater) for $434 a night.

Last edited:
I own Vero and love the resort. I am going for thanksgiving and got Inn room for 10 points per night on the low side.

The water has some seaweed in it once you get past the breakers but clean otherwise. The beach is usually deserted and the resort does not provide chairs or cabanas. You have to pay for them with third party.

The town has a lots of shopping and outlets which are less than 20 min away. Also a nice town is is also 20 min away. What other things would you want to do?

Kennedy Space Center is about 1.5 hours drive up the coast. There are plenty of boat tours you can do in the area. There are also some nature reserves that are interesting to look at and if you go during turtle breeding season, you can do turtle walks.

We really like it there, but I think 5 nights would be enough for me unless you really like to just relax at the beach.

The beach is not very wide, but I like it because it feels very secluded. I usually go for long walks on the beach and it feels like you can walk for ages with just some small condo developments up the dune, no high rises and such.

They rent out beach chairs on the beach, I seem to remember that they have those with a shell shaped cover over two beach chairs, so that might meet your requirement of a cabana to sleep in.

The one downside is that dining at the resort is rather limited and not very much is near by. There is a sandwich shop and a pizza place but that's it.

One of our favorite things that everyone there is so friendly and because the resort is so small, you get to know the different CMs. We have talked to the general manager a couple of times and he is a great guy.

And the turtles!!! You didn't say what time of year, but VB is a nesting area for 3 species of sea turtles. We got to see a momma walking back to ocean after long night of laying eggs one morning... truly magical :) Agree about the CMs - we got to know several very nice people over our 4 night stay. The rocking chairs on the upstairs patio for the lounge (can't remember the name) were a fantastic place to watch (and listen and smell) the ocean and sip our drinks. Sooooo relaxing.

Laying in my bed at Vero as I type. It's a wonderful evening, moon lit and the waves are crashing in the background. We spent most of the day in the pool, though we did try the ocean. The ocean was WAY to rough to enjoy.

If you are looking for "A wild and crazy time" go somewhere else. If you want a nice, quite wonderful place to just BE, this is the place.

And the turtles!!! You didn't say what time of year, but VB is a nesting area for 3 species of sea turtles. We got to see a momma walking back to ocean after long night of laying eggs one morning... truly magical :) Agree about the CMs - we got to know several very nice people over our 4 night stay. The rocking chairs on the upstairs patio for the lounge (can't remember the name) were a fantastic place to watch (and listen and smell) the ocean and sip our drinks. Sooooo relaxing.

Hen Wen is one great character! Did you ever read the Book of Three books?

Yes the CM are great. For the 15 years I owned I have come back pretty much every year . Sane guy is at Ebb & Flow. Feels like family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!