VERO BEACH TRIP REPORT

dvcterry

DIS Veteran
Solo girl trip report. Long time since I've been to Vero, last time was with my children when little and since my divorce went for a trip and I must say, Disney truly heals, DVC will always be family.

It was nesting season for sea turtles and if you went out after sunset you could see the females trek up the sand toward the dunes and rest to lay their eggs. They are large in size like a large rock and once they are in place and it's dark, you could easily walk past them thinking they are a large rock. In the mornings well before sunrise around 6 am meet up with the Disney conservation team who will be looking for egg nests and hatchings. And don't miss that beautiful sunrise. I saw baby loggerheads hatch and learned they get their nutrients from the yolk of the egg then must make their way to the ocean to survive. Pictured below.

There are plenty of activities at DVB including beach rentals of surf boards, boogie boards, kayaks. There were no sharks in the water and temperature was perfect, water was not rough, tide was amazing. Members can rent bikes for $5 an hour or $14 for the day. I did the jungle trail and about 7 miles a day. There are plenty of activities poolside including corn hole, ping pong, tennis. The spa has a great menu of treatments.

Wind and Waves is great for grab and go dining and offers Dole Whip and Mickey whoopie pies. Wind and Waves grill has a great sit down dining menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They serve complimentary coffee in the mornings, fruit infused water throughout the day, and cookies in the afternoon in the lobby of the resort. There are some character Goofy pirate BBQ nights available usually on Mondays but check ahead with the resort and Saturdays they offer the Goofy buffet character breakfast. Lots of local area restaurants nearby and some deliver too.

Overall, this was one of the best vacations. Very relaxing, first one I had to take without my children and I felt among family with DVC.

Attachments

• terbeach.png
    terbeach.png
    227.4 KB · Views: 21
  • cookie.jpg
    cookie.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 17

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter