Vero Beach!

Murron

DIS Veteran
Just back from Vero. We were so fortunate in that there were so many storms south of Vero that happily did not impact our stay. I do not normally write trip reports, but wanted to do this because the staff at Vero just impressed me so much that I wanted to share that very positive experience. First and foremost...the pool staff. OMG they are just wonderful!!! If you have children (any age) they are in for a treat. Casey, Nicki, Brennan, Brandon and other names I didn't catch...are just so engaging, talented and personable. I could not believe how they related to all ages -- 2 year olds to 14 year olds ... oh and adults too!!

They have a great pool towel swap out system which, as an owner, I appreciate. You receive x amount of towels in your room. When they are wet, dirty, etc., you swap them out at the pool. Nice system.

It's a slow time of year, so happily all of us who needed a table with umbrella and shade were able to get those! That never happens in WDW or the "on" seasons.

We are two adults traveling with no children, but certainly could appreciate all the activities offered in Vero for families. For us...well...not so much. But we were there to just relax and enjoy the sun. For example, we did try to attend the campfire. We could see how much fun it was for the families, but after about 10 minutes, we knew we didn't want to do the hokey pokey and turn around song. Been there done that at way too many weddings!!! Kids loved it apparently.

Check in with Nicole was interesting but a bit confusing. On line check in is definitely not necessary in Vero (no special line etc). Nicole was wonderful, but when we arrived they were creating a new Disney Vero Beach Resort commercial video. The lobby was loud and chaotic. Our room was not yet ready, so we were told we'd get a text, to which we must "accept" and then we would know what room we had. Because the lobby was so loud, we asked a second time what the process would be. Well, unfortunately, that is not the way it works. We received key cards to open the gates, and the text is just to come back to the lobby obviously because they need to code the cards to your room assignment. All was well in the end, but the instructions were not correct.

Gail in the concierge was the "mayor of Vero Beach". She just loves her home there and was very very helpful.

The room was the one bedroom villa we had two years ago and still the same. I so wish they would update the carpeting or just please make the floor all tile and please new tile at that...ours was very cracked. The carpeting makes the villa look so darn dingy. Just very minor annoyances. Vero is one of our home contracts and at over $7 bucks per point in annual maintenance fees it did perturb me to see a shoddy paint job/fix of the shelf in our villa hallway. But all that was somewhat forgiven when I watched the landscapers cleaning up the palm trees and doing maintenance on all the path lights. I think September must be their major time for maintenance.

Just some other odd things I noticed. Only one waste basket for two bathrooms. Facial tissues only in the toilet/shower bath. The sinks were so low it was as if they were built for children! I'm 5'8" and while I admit that may be tall in some people's minds, having the sink so darn low was really challenging.

Green Cabin is just ok from a mediocre food point of view. We just hung there first day and last day drink before leaving because the view is wonderful on the patio. That being said, again, the staff is fantastic. Shout out to Francis from da Bronx (our birthplace!) with whom we had a few moment's bonding! We did not eat at Shutter's or Sonya's at all. We did, however, go back to Mulligan's. Food was fine, but they make the worst frozen margaritas ever. Captain Hirim's margaritas are 100% better.

So for adults...we remembered some good shopping. Again "Zero" Beach lived up to it's reputation. The cute shopping is practically all gone. There was one cluster of stores on A1A called the Village Shops which had so many unique stores. Gone. Very sad. In Vero Beach proper, there was the Gifted Chef which is also gone. Just very expensive boutiques left with sales women whose demeanor was so frankly snotty.

Overall...we had a lovely time and I may be nit picking a bit. Weather great, staff great, the overall resort in great shape, ocean was warm, pool was sparkling and we did relax. Next time we'll just tag it on to WDW or a cruise as we did the last time we visited. I think 4 days for older adults who do not bogey board or kayak is just about right.

I do have menus, samples of activity schedules, etc. if anyone is interested. I'll try to scan and post if anyone asks.

been awhile sice we've been to vero, maybe 8 years?? sorry to hear the rooms have not been kept up. certainly not the 'Disney' way!!

been awhile sice we've been to vero, maybe 8 years?? sorry to hear the rooms have not been kept up. certainly not the 'Disney' way!!

Yeah. Don't get me wrong though. Everything was clean and the resort overall was very well maintained. I just think the dingy carpet is a distraction for me. It simply looks dirty. When I think beach, I think blues, orange, red, yellow...but the sea weed green carpet is just a bit ugly. Most people in beach resorts go for straight tile because it's just easy to clean and keep up. So don't ever let it stop you from a visit. It's a wonderful place to relax and just breathe.

Murron said:
Just back from Vero. We were so fortunate in that there were so many storms south of Vero that happily did not impact our stay. I do not normally write trip reports, but wanted to do this because the staff at Vero just impressed me so much that I wanted to share that very positive experience. First and foremost...the pool staff. OMG they are just wonderful!!! If you have children (any age) they are in for a treat. Casey, Nicki, Brennan, Brandon and other names I didn't catch...are just so engaging, talented and personable. I could not believe how they related to all ages -- 2 year olds to 14 year olds ... oh and adults too!!

They have a great pool towel swap out system which, as an owner, I appreciate. You receive x amount of towels in your room. When they are wet, dirty, etc., you swap them out at the pool. Nice system.

It's a slow time of year, so happily all of us who needed a table with umbrella and shade were able to get those! That never happens in WDW or the "on" seasons.

We are two adults traveling with no children, but certainly could appreciate all the activities offered in Vero for families. For us...well...not so much. But we were there to just relax and enjoy the sun. For example, we did try to attend the campfire. We could see how much fun it was for the families, but after about 10 minutes, we knew we didn't want to do the hokey pokey and turn around song. Been there done that at way too many weddings!!! Kids loved it apparently.

Check in with Nicole was interesting but a bit confusing. On line check in is definitely not necessary in Vero (no special line etc). Nicole was wonderful, but when we arrived they were creating a new Disney Vero Beach Resort commercial video. The lobby was loud and chaotic. Our room was not yet ready, so we were told we'd get a text, to which we must "accept" and then we would know what room we had. Because the lobby was so loud, we asked a second time what the process would be. Well, unfortunately, that is not the way it works. We received key cards to open the gates, and the text is just to come back to the lobby obviously because they need to code the cards to your room assignment. All was well in the end, but the instructions were not correct.

Gail in the concierge was the "mayor of Vero Beach". She just loves her home there and was very very helpful.

The room was the one bedroom villa we had two years ago and still the same. I so wish they would update the carpeting or just please make the floor all tile and please new tile at that...ours was very cracked. The carpeting makes the villa look so darn dingy. Just very minor annoyances. Vero is one of our home contracts and at over $7 bucks per point in annual maintenance fees it did perturb me to see a shoddy paint job/fix of the shelf in our villa hallway. But all that was somewhat forgiven when I watched the landscapers cleaning up the palm trees and doing maintenance on all the path lights. I think September must be their major time for maintenance.

Just some other odd things I noticed. Only one waste basket for two bathrooms. Facial tissues only in the toilet/shower bath. The sinks were so low it was as if they were built for children! I'm 5'8" and while I admit that may be tall in some people's minds, having the sink so darn low was really challenging.

Green Cabin is just ok from a mediocre food point of view. We just hung there first day and last day drink before leaving because the view is wonderful on the patio. That being said, again, the staff is fantastic. Shout out to Francis from da Bronx (our birthplace!) with whom we had a few moment's bonding! We did not eat at Shutter's or Sonya's at all. We did, however, go back to Mulligan's. Food was fine, but they make the worst frozen margaritas ever. Captain Hirim's margaritas are 100% better.

So for adults...we remembered some good shopping. Again "Zero" Beach lived up to it's reputation. The cute shopping is practically all gone. There was one cluster of stores on A1A called the Village Shops which had so many unique stores. Gone. Very sad. In Vero Beach proper, there was the Gifted Chef which is also gone. Just very expensive boutiques left with sales women whose demeanor was so frankly snotty.

Overall...we had a lovely time and I may be nit picking a bit. Weather great, staff great, the overall resort in great shape, ocean was warm, pool was sparkling and we did relax. Next time we'll just tag it on to WDW or a cruise as we did the last time we visited. I think 4 days for older adults who do not bogey board or kayak is just about right.

I do have menus, samples of activity schedules, etc. if anyone is interested. I'll try to scan and post if anyone asks.

Thanks for your trip report. We were there in August of 210O four nights after the hustle bustle of WDW! Had a great time, memorable in that we shared a great with my now late father in law who lived in Florida. Had a car but still my only complaint is lack of restaurants close by. Surrounding area felt pretty "dead" no vibrancy.

i was referring to your mention of very cracked tile and dingy carpet. those are not Disney hallmarks! We were thinking of spending a few days at Vero this winter but will try and check out some other room reports first!

Just received a very interesting Disney survey after our Vero vacation. This time it was focused on the future design of the rooms of the Vero resort. For example would you prefer a tile shower with shelf and hand held shower wand with also an overhead rain shower vs. the traditional tub with shower.

Then it questioned the kitchen. Would you like a convection/microwave oven with a two burner stovetop vs. the traditional oven, stovetop, microwave.

And finally questions about the "5th guest bed" e.g., the pull out chair in the living room.

I've never had a survey like this and found it very interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter