Vetran and First timer trip

ShelliRenee

Disney Princess trapped in a fat girl's body!
Greetings!

I have talked my friend into going to Disney with me for a four night trip the first week of November. We are only doing two parks and staying on property. He has never been to Disney before and is wanting to do the Food and Wine Festival (He is a chef). So we are definitely doing Epcot. My thinking is we should do Magic Kingdom because it is the quintessential Disney. And then one day to explore Disney Springs and our resort.

My problem is, being a veteran Disney goer (I try to make at least one trip a year and usually go twice), I am not sure what we should do and shouldn't do so he has a good time. I know what rides I like and what ones I don't care to do again. What attractions do you think he shouldn't miss? Any advise you can think of to make sure he is as big of WDW as I am?

Thanks! I know I am in good hands with all your expert advise!

I think you're right that MK is the clear choice.

My advice is to show him what makes YOU a big WDW fan. I'm from California so the things I wouldn't miss are the ones that were once in Disneyland but aren't any longer. But probably not what is important to you. Even if you don't care to do a ride again do you think any of those are must sees for a first timer? I think the train is a something that shouldn't be missed. Is that something you like? You know him, do you think he would like it? for me it lays the foundation, sets the mood for the entire day.

I think you're right that MK is the clear choice.

My advice is to show him what makes YOU a big WDW fan. I'm from California so the things I wouldn't miss are the ones that were once in Disneyland but aren't any longer. But probably not what is important to you. Even if you don't care to do a ride again do you think any of those are must sees for a first timer? I think the train is a something that shouldn't be missed. Is that something you like? You know him, do you think he would like it? for me it lays the foundation, sets the mood for the entire day.

Good idea on the train. I usually save the train for in the afternoon when I want to just sit and relax. Rides I am not really into that I think most people would say are DISNEY include the Teacups, 7 Dwarfes (I like the ride..I just hate the way it bounces me around.) and Dumbo.

Thanks for the examples. I'd say that as adults Dumbo could be missed. If you think he would enjoy the teacups then you should go for it. They are as you say DISNEY - and fun for adults.

What really makes you think DISNEY? What rides or attractions made you the fan of WDW that you are today?

Also try to ask what your friend really likes. I went with a newbie and hadn't scheduled a lot of the parades in, it turned out she loves parades. I had to make sure we had time to see them all. Do they like shows? Don't miss the fireworks, those are always spectacular. Also, how is your friend's energy level? Are they up for making rope drop and go all day, do they need a break from the heat?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts