VGC Reviews and Availability

gabbyenovak

Earning My Ears
Hi all! :cool2:

I am a new member and I received 100 "free" points with the signing of our contract and I am trying to do some VGC research. I looked last night and there was 2 nights available on Labor Day and the day after. Is this likely to stick for the next couple weeks? I am just a couple weeks out side of the reservation window and I am having anxiety about it lol.

My friend lives about an hour and a half from DL and her dad is a manager for Space Mountain so we don't have to worry about tickets.

What do you like most about VGC? Is there anything you don't like? What has your experience been like with using DVC points at this resort?

Please use this thread as a free discussion of VGC, DL and the other DL Resorts! :butterfly

The 1BR units are easier to book than Studios. No, I don't think those nights you currently see are likely to remain available for the 7 month booking period. Don't count on them but do try and do use the Waitlist, if needed. Book what you can night-by-night.

It is a lovely resort and we enjoy the direct entrance to DCA.

Edited to add: As new direct members, you might want to contact either your guide or Member Services to inquire of the special "Welcome Home Reservation" perk. They might be able to pull some strings on your first reservation. Also consider that your points could be used for booking the Disney hotels on the Disneyland Resort Property, if needed. Keep in mind that not everything that "can" be done "should" be done. Be mindful of the values and your priorities. Find a good balance.

Edited to add: As new direct members, you might want to contact either your guide or Member Services to inquire of the special "Welcome Home Reservation" perk. They might be able to pull some strings on your first reservation. Also consider that your points could be used for booking the Disney hotels on the Disneyland Resort Property, if needed. Keep in mind that not everything that "can" be done "should" be done. Be mindful of the values and your priorities. Find a good balance.
THIS. 100%, but I would limit it to VGC or otherwise bank those points to use at WDW later.

Note - I was able to snag one night in a studio at 7 mo at 8am on the dot for an upcoming trip, but from reading these boards I was very lucky. This was to complete a 3 night stay, I actually rented VGC points from a friend who booked the first 2 nights for me about 8 mo in advance. If I hadn't gotten that 3rd night, I would have wait listed and/or banked those (BLT) points to use next year at WDW. I also had a backup reservation at a Marriott across the street.

I am a new member and I received 100 "free" points with the signing of our contract and I am trying to do some VGC research. I looked last night and there was 2 nights available on Labor Day and the day after. Is this likely to stick for the next couple weeks?
If I recall correctly from another thread ... you have a Dec UY? If so, your last day to bank the Dec 2019 points is July 31, I believe. Personally, I don't like to travel on DVC points in those last 4 months as I'm one who, as it turns out, tends to cancel reservations due to random conflicts in life.

Do study up on Banking, Borrowing, Use Year (UY), Cancellation windows, Holding Points, and related topics. Don't rush in to book something ... especially if it might cancel.

Booking "with friends" can be dicey. Caution: friends on a reservation are added risk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts