VGF/GF Boat Ramp

disneynutz

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
There has been a lot of construction activity on the boat loading ramps currently sitting next to the canal across from the GF. Some speculated that they are a bridge to extend the walking path to the MK.

With the monorails going off line for several hours per day starting in January, I am thinking that they will be used at the GF and Poly to add larger boat capacity during this time.

Any thoughts?

:earsboy: Bill

It was discussed on the Resorts forums I believe, and someone said it was dock repair, not a bridge.

I, too, think that new boat ramps will be coming to one or all of the "monorail" resorts in the near future. In November, we walked the path from the Magic Kingdom to the canal that is used for the Electric Water Pageant. CMs were working on the ramps, which were free floating and tied to the shore. It appeared that the ramps can be floated to another location.

All I know is it seems rude to build this inches from where they actually need a bridge.

Its like constructing a water slide at ASM pool-then moving it to SAB when its complete. :confused3

All I know is it seems rude to build this inches from where they actually need a bridge.

Its like constructing a water slide at ASM pool-then moving it to SAB when its complete. :confused3
Or in keeping with the season, like the scene in Holiday Affair where the kid finds the train set in the closet and thinks it's his present, only to find out later that it isn't.

Or in keeping with the season, like the scene in Holiday Affair where the kid finds the train set in the closet and thinks it's his present, only to find out later that it isn't.

yep :rotfl:

I think that they will be used at the GF/VGF and Poly and will be in place before the monorail begins it's maintenance schedule next year.

They may also use larger boats, the boats now are always full with a line waiting to board. Adding VGF has increased the boat use.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter